AOD too dim. I've answered my own question and wanted to help others.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This may not help everyone as I am giving you the solution for the S9 and S9 Plus, but look in your settings to see if you have the same thing.

Under 'Lock Screen and Security' select AOD and select 'Show Always'. Once you've selected the Content to Show, disable Auto Brightness then move the slider as far right as possible and underneath that select Show Always.

Job done. Next time you see your AOD it'll be full brightness. It is still not bright enough but better than before. If you then go into 'Clock Style' and change the colour after type and choose a fairly stand out colour, this will make your clock stand out even more.

I hope I've helped at least a few people.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This may not help everyone as I am giving you the solution for the S9 and S9 Plus, but look in your settings to see if you have the same thing.

Under 'Lock Screen and Security' select AOD and select 'Show Always'. Once you've selected the Content to Show, disable Auto Brightness then move the slider as far right as possible and underneath that select Show Always.

Job done. Next time you see your AOD it'll be full brightness. It is still not bright enough but better than before. If you then go into 'Clock Style' and change the colour after type and choose a fairly stand out colour, this will make your clock stand out even more.

I hope I've helped at least a few people.

And then you also have full brightness for the display. Ouch for the eyes and the battery, plus higher risk for burn ins.

dabiker68

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
When I am using my S10e in my car for Android Auto, it is in a dash mount and is plugged in, so not concerned about battery drain. I'm needing the AOD to be brighter for this situation as it is usually in direct sunlight. I am unable to see my on-screen, non-AA notifications very well.

I have tried the usual internal settings, including:
- AOD auto-brightness on
- AOD auto brightness off with manual adjustment to full bright
- trying different AOD colors and clock styles

Anyone aware of any non-root 3rd party/developer or flag options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes