Apple's injunction on the Nexus; UN hosting mobile patent talks.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung and apple both have deep pockets and that had nothing to do with this case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's for sure, jokes aside, what happens to Samsung now? And more important what ripple effect will it have for the rest of the smartphone giants? Seems like if it has a screen and buttons its an Apple infringement now....sad.

Tapatalk sent from my Kanged Samsung.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's for sure, jokes aside, what happens to Samsung now? And more important what ripple effect will it have for the rest of the smartphone giants? Seems like if it has a screen and buttons its an Apple infringement now....sad.

Tapatalk sent from my Kanged Samsung.

Not at all. There were specific features that Samsung infringed upon. Note that there were also quite a few devices that were found not to infringe.

What killed Samsung is that it became clear the infringement was intentional, not accidental. Apple has shown a willingness to negotiate for licenses, and I would imagine they would do that if the infringement was not purposeful.

The only thing this will do is spur other manufacturers to negotiate a license instead of fighting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JkdJedi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174