Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have every intention of getting the Note 8 at launch, I miss my Spen. I will be giving the S8+ to my niece, then using her upgrade for the Note.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I had a Note 4 and loved it just didn't use the pen that much. I've read a couple articles about the new Note and some say the battery is smaller than the 8+. That doesn't sound good. Plus I can't afford to change phones in mid-stream. :(

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the size and feel of it. I didn't care for the size of the 8+ so I don't know that I'll like the size of the Note 8 either since it's probably going to be a tad bigger. If they go a bit wider it will help but I really don't want taller.
Won't happen. Foolishly devoted to 18.5/9 ratio

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't Samsung suppose to discount the Note 8 for the people that owned the Note 7? If not then I doubt I will be getting a Note 8.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Besides the S pen, what is so special about the note 8 for someone to upgrade?

Samsung usually takes what you get with the S series and refines it. It's not something you're going to get unless you use one. This year I expect, better FPS location, better Bixby, better cameras, more subtle curves and better software.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Give me back my replaceable battery and I'll buy the newest Note.

Guess that means I won't be buying a Note though I've had the 2 thru 5.