Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: {POLL} Who's going to pre-order V20?

The S7 Edge is a really nice phone but I can't stand the curved display. It's been a solid phone but there are things I really missed from the V10.

I'm just as frustrated as you are with LG. It's been a month since their event and all they've shared is new videos showcasing features of the V20. We still haven't received official confirmation on release or price. I'm willing to give LG the benefit of the doubt here....I can only speculate that something happened in manufacturing that caused a delay and for them to withhold pricing and release information. Hopefully we'll be getting our V20's with those nice B&O headphones around the 21st of this month. Only a few weeks away now! We can make it, man! :)
Yeah we can.😊💪

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mod Note: Thread has been merged into a pre-existing sticky since the concerned topic is similar.

If you have voted in the poll, you may revote above.

Note that the poll is different from the original thread. If you are ordering one, "Yes". If you are sure you won't, "No". If you have other reasons, like waiting for reviews, etc, "Other".

rc213

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Pre-Ordered a Pixel XL but I'm hoping this phone launches sometime before that ships. If this is around $600 I might cancel the pre-order.

LG launching this phone slow as molasses.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If I didn't have my Note 7 already ........ I would had most certainly preordered

I might have too, but some things to consider perhaps:

1. No water resistance. One person already stated the display died due to some moisture from rain.

2. Based on camera reviews, weak low light pics- Note 7 is best in class- even better than the 7E.

3. Battery life is 40% less, so probably best to keep a battery handy if more than a light user.

Everything else IMO though seems fine with the V20 and has strong points for sure :)

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Still getting it. The zenfone 3 deluxe actually looks really good with a s820, 6gb ram and 5.7" amoled 1080p display at $500, but the 3000mah non removable battery kills it for me. Looks like I may be buying LG's from here on out.

There were reports this week that the g6 was gong to use a curved amoled display but it won't be ready in time. That gives me hope that the v30 will finally have an amoled screen (hopefully flat.)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I might have too, but some things to consider perhaps:

1. No water resistance. One person already stated the display died due to some moisture from rain.

2. Based on camera reviews, weak low light pics- Note 7 is best in class- even better than the 7E.

3. Battery life is 40% less, so probably best to keep a battery handy if more than a light user.

Everything else IMO though seems fine with the V20 and has strong points for sure :)

1) I very much prefer the water resistance. Don't ask.
2) Weak low light pics isn't an issue. I'll turn on the light haaaa !!!
3) I've always carried a power bank in my purse so no worries here regarding battery life.

For me I can't find anything else I'm interested in and I do very much like the new hardware and the screen real estate and resolution is fine for me.

Decisions, decisions ...... decisions !??!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Will be doing T-Mobile JoD but still would be nice to know pricing. I probably won't pre-order unless that's the only way to get the headphones.
I'm eligible for the regular Jump upgrade with it being a year with the V10. I think we should know next week about pricing. I asked a rep today but they didn't seem knowledgeable about the V20 and threw out an Oct.30th date for when the phone would be available. We'll see.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Are these boot loop issues a concern I need to worry about if I get this phone if we have to return our N7 sadly?
I would say no. From experience with the V10. It will take months if ever for the bootloop issue to affect your phone. And if it does, assuming you have insurance, you can return your phone for a new one that most likely not be the same batch of phones that had those issues. Most of the V10 owners I know that we're affected by it had the same serial number on their defective device. My replacement V10 has a different serial number and I'm assuming it would be bootloop free although I'll be getting the V20 long before I would find out.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I looked into this bootloop issue....

While I know all device is susceptible under extreme heat for long period of time... to malfunction "like I did a month in on a mbp 2009/10 >.> killed the logic board near the sound" new phones are no different. To sum up what I read, the bootloop was related to certain part of the motherboard getting to hot and melt some solder point together so it a hardware defect...poor hardware design...

I still going to consider the V20 after learning the reason why... but no one can answer if the bootloop will happen on it till it actually happen. Granted pattern of the older model will tell different... I still have to put it in my hand to make a find decision.

Internal self destruct"G&V series" or external explosion"note7"

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just pre ordered online for the AT&T V20 as my note 7 replacement. I was surprised it said my phone was upgradable online and I didn't have to switch to a temp phone or deal with BB for hours.

Will miss note 7 but relieved I am kinda forced out of a delicate curved screen, also happy I can find a tempered glass screen protector that will actually work now. I went into AT&T to View the demo. V20 screen didn't seem as rich and vibrant as the N7. I started to have doubts on choosing it, then I watched a video and was satisfied. Felt snappy enough for me as well.

Does the V20 wireless charge?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just pre ordered online for the AT&T V20 as my note 7 replacement.
Will miss note 7 but relieved
I went into AT&T to View the demo. V20 screen didn't seem as rich and vibrant as the N7.
I started to have doubts on choosing it, then I watched a video and was satisfied. Felt snappy enough for me as well.

So would you feel okay to say what state you are in? I went to a corporate AT&T store in Arkansas yesterday but it didn't have a demo V20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3