Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I am torn, even though can get $200 Best Buy credit for the $672 Verizon version:

-Battery life based on all reviews so far (including Phone Arena today) is two hours less than the Note 4 with MM

-The nav bar. The Note 4 has a home button, so 15% of the display not wasted. On the V20, can the nav bar be removed from all apps, or does it just remove the buttons an keeps the black bar? There are apps for this that work with the MXPE as example, but a lot of apps only removed the buttons and kept the black bar. Huge waste of display space.

Keep wanting to order, but still unsure.

What pushed it over the edge for me was the $200 Best Buy deal and the H3 Bang and Olufson headphones for nada.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got mine a couple of days ago. Finally turned in my Note 7 and now using this full-time. So far so good with V20. I'll miss the stylus and Samsung Pay, but will finally check out Android Pay. What's up with so-called LG Pay? I'm with T-Mobile and was able to switch from Jump! to Jump on Demand. Hopefully Samsung will get their act together and I will be able to jump to whatever ends up being the successor to the Note series.

No more Samsung's for me unless replaceable battery again. Just like my Note 4. Huge back-up advantage since a new battery and MM update makes the Note 4 a Note 4.5 IMO. Not to mention Samsung would still be rolling with the Note 7.

peetah21

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered the V20 from Tmobile, hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week if not sooner.

Debated between this and the Pixel XL but in the end price and availability won. I currently have a Nexus 6P and and LG G4 before it. Main reason for the upgrade was for the better camera. I missed the G4's camera.

jenny

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorely tempted to get the V20. I'm still using my Galaxy S4, and this is the first phone that has made me really want to upgrade. It's not available here (Australia) yet though, and I'm going to wait until I can see one in person before I decide, hence why I voted "Other". I've read every review I can find and I'm really hoping that it measures up in person!

D P Hall

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Called my local T-Mobile and they had two in stock. Now they only have one...so far so good. Coming from an iphone so its a bit if an adjustment but I'm liking it so far.

royalsoonerdanes

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Both hubby and I traded in our Note 7’s on Friday for the V-20 and so far, we are luving these phones! The screen size does seem to be a bit bigger than the 7’s and over all a bit more rugged. But the meat of the phone seems to be pretty darn awesome!! Plus, I’m so glad not to babysit my phone when charging it. It’s taking me a bit to get use to turning the phone on and off from the back, also. I played with the camera yesterday and the wide lens angle was so cool!!!! Hubby really likes the sound!! Overall we are pleased with so much more to learn about the phone. If anyone is interested Amazon has tons of V-20 cases at reasonable prices. Already have 3!! Not many in-stores yet in the Oklahoma City area but we managed to get the only 2 T-Mobile had here. :D

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I am on a replacement V10 after it died and wouldn't boot into the OS. Curious to see if the V20 doesn't suffer the same fate. Of course boot loop will likely take a while to surface, but I am concerned since the V20 looks to be based on the V10 architecture. I suppose what I would like to see before I decide within the next couple weeks is if the V20 runs any cooler than the V10 under load and higher temperature environments.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Like alot of ya'll coming from the note 7 and previous to that note 5. i tried out the s7 edge didnt like it. 3 weeks ago i made a sorta rushed decision probably out of annoyance and frustration from dealing with sprint and samsung. I ended up cancelling sprint and going with a prepaid device(lgstylo2), to ride out the time till maybe another note device. BUT this phone sucks! camera is horrible, system lags and no app to sd option. now im really thinking of going back to sprint and getting this (v20) phone. No stylus which is a bummer. but bigger screen WAYYYYY better camera and finger printscanner.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Like alot of ya'll coming from the note 7 and previous to that note 5. i tried out the s7 edge didnt like it. 3 weeks ago i made a sorta rushed decision probably out of annoyance and frustration from dealing with sprint and samsung. I ended up cancelling sprint and going with a prepaid device(lgstylo2), to ride out the time till maybe another note device. BUT this phone sucks! camera is horrible, system lags and no app to sd option. now im really thinking of going back to sprint and getting this (v20) phone. No stylus which is a bummer. but bigger screen WAYYYYY better camera and finger printscanner.
You need a silver V20. The world needs more V20s.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My silver v20 was delivered today and omg it feels good to be back on android lol.
I'm on Tmobile and ordered a V20. They only carry it in the graphite/black which I prefer anyway. I called four or five stores and no one had in Stock so I ordered on the phone. The rep said they were in Stock so I picked overnight shipping. Don't see tracking yet but really hope it arrives Monday I have the day off. Worse cSe I'll call this weekend and Monday to local stores and if they get any in Stock I'll just pick one up and return the shipped one when it arrives

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Tmobile and ordered a V20. They only carry it in the graphite/black which I prefer anyway. I called four or five stores and no one had in Stock so I ordered on the phone. The rep said they were in Stock so I picked overnight shipping. Don't see tracking yet but really hope it arrives Monday I have the day off. Worse cSe I'll call this weekend and Monday to local stores and if they get any in Stock I'll just pick one up and return the shipped one when it arrives
Welcome to the V20 cult. We're glad to have you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe