Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

Nizzler

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Decided on upgrading to a v20 from my Samsung note 4. The note 7 was my original choice. But the timing of when I could upgrade and the entire note 7 nightmare fell together. Only planning on running the v20 for about a year. But we'll see.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
With it being Sunday morning and due dates of arrival for the V2p preorder being next week ........ this bad boy should be in our hands sometime late next week !!??

Though I've been thinking of cancelling the preorder and simply continue using my beloved S6 Edge+ as I have been the past few weeks since returning Note Part 2.

I figured if the S8 comes out first quarter of 2017 it may be best just to sit it out and wait.

I know there's numerous guys here on the V20 threads from the Note so what do you guys think ??

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
i was one of the biggest fan of lgv10. the only thing which avoided me was the below average battery life. Lg just killed the killer phone with small battery :( Now lgv20 is on my radar. specs are awesome but i do not have such a big budget :( i will try my luck in giveaways for the tym. if i had the budget i would have definately got it as soon as it launches.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
i was one of the biggest fan of lgv10. the only thing which avoided me was the below average battery life. Lg just killed the killer phone with small battery :( Now lgv20 is on my radar. specs are awesome but i do not have such a big budget :( i will try my luck in giveaways for the tym. if i had the budget i would have definately got it as soon as it launches.
Yeah battery life is a concern for me as well but I'm all about that swap out battery life.lol Plus on days when I know I'm actually planning to do serious photo and video sessions I will have one of those super big capacity battery packs that are bound to be available for the V20. That's a win for me. I have to take the V20 to either a sporting event or concert to push the audio and video controls and I can't wait. I want to do more videos going forward and I can start in my phone and transition into something more capable like the Sony a6300 or Panasonic GH4. Shot on V10.
https://youtu.be/Fa495cN9I0Q

jabtano

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence with this. I'll go down to my T-Mo store day one and check it out I have to see it hold it before I buy it.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered the V20 through Tmo's JOD. Stoked. Estimated ship dates are 17th-28th. Knowing Tmo's track record with pre-orders...good chance it'll come before the 28th.

Coming from an iPhone 7+ and before that the Note7, Note5, S7e...this year.

This is my first LG device. Whenever I get a new flagship, I always jump to Android Central for the crazy pre-order madness threads. Hundreds of pages filled with anticipation. Really surprised to not see a single main pre-order thread for the V20. Ouch :( It really is completely different for LG phones eh? Zero hype.

I gotta say....LG is nearly 100% responsible for this. They have a horrible track record of announcing a device...and then waiting 5,6,7 weeks to actually announce a release date and pre-order info. It was the same for the G5...and probably before. They really need to take a marketing cue from Sammy and Apple (and everyone else)...and announce the release date and pre-order date...the day the have their major unveiling. Because it is painfully obvious that the hype and momentum just dies in those weeks that they wait between. Wake up LG.

Anyhoot...marketing rant aside.... looking forward the V20. Can't wait to check out the camera and audio capabilities. And looking forward to Nougat :)

Cheers!

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Now that all the specs and everything are official (minus a few important bits like pricing and clear availability dates), does the LG V20 interest you enough to part you with your hard-earned dollar bills?

I have been sitting the sidelines prepped to return my Note 7 figuring out whether priv, s7e, or lg v20... and after reading up on all these phones amd specs, it looks like I am going to give the LG v20 a shot.

Nathan Cook

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I plan to trade me note 7 in on the LG V20. I just hope the battery usage will be close to the note 7. I know its a bit smaller battery. With the note 7 I get nearly 12 hours of constant use with the screen contrast at 1/3 and volume at 1/2.

sgtd

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Went to the local T-Mobile store to play with one but they didn't have a display. AT&T did, though, and I spent about 20-30 minutes with it. That's definitely not enough to get way into the weeds of everything, but my initial impression is favorable. Seems like a very nice phone. Now the decision is to get one now, or wait to see if prices come down near Black Friday/holidays, or just wait to see what Samsung comes up with in their next version of the Note. Had a Note 7 and it could have been, for me, the perfect phone. Not sure if the V20 can replace it, but it does check most of the boxes I look for, and with the added benefit of a replaceable battery, it has me leaning towards picking one up.

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Agreed swappable battery is a win case, but in my case i cannot always carry an extra battery. so i prefer a larger battery. u would surely agree that a 3000mah is tad less for a 5.7 inch qhd display. Neverthless , m happy that lg has changed the things for the good. A 3200mah sonds good to me. i like the fact LG always listnes to the customers. it still has an ir blaster while many have chosen to remove it :) . Also , i like the video controls... its one of its kind. LG has done a gr8 job with LGV20 <3

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Also i forgot to mention my fav feature. m a music maniac and to mee lgv20 is the best when it comes to music. 4 Dedicated DAC's is incredible. No doubt it will blow any other smartphone when it comes to music. hands down.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am torn, even though can get $200 Best Buy credit for the $672 Verizon version:

-Battery life based on all reviews so far (including Phone Arena today) is two hours less than the Note 4 with MM

-The nav bar. The Note 4 has a home button, so 15% of the display not wasted. On the V20, can the nav bar be removed from all apps, or does it just remove the buttons an keeps the black bar? There are apps for this that work with the MXPE as example, but a lot of apps only removed the buttons and kept the black bar. Huge waste of display space.

Keep wanting to order, but still unsure.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
-The nav bar. The Note 4 has a home button, so 15% of the display not wasted. On the V20, can the nav bar be removed from all apps, or does it just remove the buttons an keeps the black bar? There are apps for this that work with the MXPE as example, but a lot of apps only removed the buttons and kept the black bar. Huge waste of display space.

It seems very well implemented on the G4 and I love that you Dan customize the buttons. The notification pull down button alone makes one handed use worlds easier. If any apps leave them in place or even just the black bar, it's dependent on how they are programmed. Given the option, I'll take this over a larger bezel with fixed buttons any day. I was hesitant at first, but I've been pleasantly surprised by them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am torn, even though can get $200 Best Buy credit for the $672 Verizon version:

-Battery life based on all reviews so far (including Phone Arena today) is two hours less than the Note 4 with MM

Keep wanting to order, but still unsure.
The on screen Nav buttons can be removed inside settings. You can select which apps have it removed. Getting them back on screen is a simple swipe up from the bottom and they will hide again after 3 seconds. The screen is filled when the Nav buttons are hidden so you aren't just left with a black bar.

I tested with the apps that I have turned on in the screen shot below and it worked just fine in those.

1477080771040.jpg1477080777397.jpg1477080782899.jpg1477080788356.jpg1477080793703.jpg

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't mind getting this but I'm so used to Samsung and touchwiz. I wish there was a way that I could get the Grace UI onto this phone and maybe I'll think about it. Plus it's to expensive for me right now.

Jay_BEE

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got mine a couple of days ago. Finally turned in my Note 7 and now using this full-time. So far so good with V20. I'll miss the stylus and Samsung Pay, but will finally check out Android Pay. What's up with so-called LG Pay? I'm with T-Mobile and was able to switch from Jump! to Jump on Demand. Hopefully Samsung will get their act together and I will be able to jump to whatever ends up being the successor to the Note series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe