Ask us about the Sprint Evo 4G

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
That looks like the theoretical max, this article claims that Clear (so Sprint too at least in my area) is spacing them 1.5mi apart which sounds like it is about the same as a regular cell tower.

What is the Range of WiMAX? — WIMAX

Great WiMax resource. Ihad also read up to 30 miles in that rumor article started up that Sprint was going to partner with WalMart and put a tower on each roof. Then again, I haven't seen that in months and theirs certainly noone looking for rooftop access with a giant antenna when I go into work at my store lol.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there a possibility of the EVO 4G also being a World Phone?

No. Not unless they decide to somehow cram a GSM card spot somewhere in there by release. It'll work in over 40 countries, but won't get "World phone" status since it doesn't work in Europe. It works in Canada and in Mexico.

djfrankny

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
No. Not unless they decide to somehow cram a GSM card spot somewhere in there by release. It'll work in over 40 countries, but won't get "World phone" status since it doesn't work in Europe. It works in Canada and in Mexico.
Thanks, looks like I'll have to upgrade from my curve to a tour before the EVO comes out so I'll have a decent worldphone when i go to europe.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, looks like I'll have to upgrade from my curve to a tour before the EVO comes out so I'll have a decent worldphone when i go to europe.

I would only do that if you plan on using data. If you just want phone, I would compare that with an el cheapo prepaid phone from t-mo, or snag one when you're there.

nutflush920

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I am fine with the charge for Mifi Hotspot but does anyone know or care to speculate if the charge will be per phone or per account? The reason I ask is because I will be upgrading more then 1 phone this summer to the EVO and want each to be able to have this feature but don't want to shell out a fortune every month for this feature. I can swallow $10 or $20 but not much more.

Honestly, it's prob something I won't use often but is a feature I would like to have in case I need it.

jmart603

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am fine with the charge for Mifi Hotspot but does anyone know or care to speculate if the charge will be per phone or per account? The reason I ask is because I will be upgrading more then 1 phone this summer to the EVO and want each to be able to have this feature but don't want to shell out a fortune every month for this feature. I can swallow $10 or $20 but not much more.

Honestly, it's prob something I won't use often but is a feature I would like to have in case I need it.

i imagine you'd pay for each phone you want it on

nutflush920

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I want to start buying accessories now for my new Evo. Anyone know what type of HDMI connection the Evo will have? I assmue Mini HDMI but want to get some input.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I want to start buying accessories now for my new Evo. Anyone know what type of HDMI connection the Evo will have? I assmue Mini HDMI but want to get some input.

I believe its miniHDMI (same as the connection on HD Camcorders and FlipHD). I cant confirm it. Might want to check out the dock thats coming out for it that has charging and HDMI output built in.

nutflush920

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe its miniHDMI (same as the connection on HD Camcorders and FlipHD). I cant confirm it. Might want to check out the dock thats coming out for it that has charging and HDMI output built in.

I will for sure be buying this dock. I can't wait for this device. Can't really call it a phone as it does so much more.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
“Research the Device” has always been, and continues to be the mantra of the Palm Defenders. I was there from the start of the Pre’s release, but I can’t believe it is still missing features.

Could someone please let me know if these features are basic to Android OS.
Thanks…

Add/Delete launcher pages
Character Counter in text msg
Calendar- default to month view
Camera sound off
Customizable SMS tones and vibration
Blink notification

I’m also hoping the calendar app is a lot better on the EVO.
The Pre’s month view was just a dull boring gray screen. Do Android calendars support multiple colors in month view?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci