assistant not working when on bluetooth

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When my phone is connected to my car and I'm listening to a regular station, my phone won't hear anything I'm saying for commands. It picks up the OK Google command but then doesn't actually hear anything after that. Anyone else having same issue?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
When my phone is connected to my car and I'm listening to a regular station, my phone won't hear anything I'm saying for commands. It picks up the OK Google command but then doesn't actually hear anything after that. Anyone else having same issue?

I have run into this and have not been able to figure out why. Also, when it does respond to me, it's not interrupting the radio station and answering over the bluetooth connection as I expect it to do.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I have run into this and have not been able to figure out why. Also, when it does respond to me, it's not interrupting the radio station and answering over the bluetooth connection as I expect it to do.

thats the problem with your car and i assume thats how most car works. there audio channels are separate for station and Bluetooth and when you are in your station the car wont interupt ur station with bluetooth sound. this is not specific to the phone. I am not sure if there are phone which can actually handle this.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

My GPS will announce just fine when playing FM radio, but like yours, it doesn't interrupt if using assistant.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
thats the problem with your car and i assume thats how most car works. there audio channels are separate for station and Bluetooth and when you are in your station the car wont interupt ur station with bluetooth sound. this is not specific to the phone. I am not sure if there are phone which can actually handle this.

A fact I'd be willing to accept, except for the fact that Siri and our iPhones do it in the same car, using the same connection. So.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s