Asus ME173 - wireless issue - how to clear files

Hoib

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello -

I have my Asus 173ME MeMo 7 in. tablet on 4.2.2 which has suddenly and out of the clear blue sky lost it's ability to connect wirelessly to anything involving DHCP. I believe the DHCP data has to be cleared as discovered in my Google research. But the tab is not rooted. I explore to /data/ using ES Explorer as well as the stock explorer but the folder is reported empty which I believe is caused by it not having root access. I've researched the wireless problem and have hundreds of people saying to assign IP statically. Fine, except this is a weak workaround that will inevitably fail at most if not all access points outside of my home network. I just need to get to 2 files located in /data/misc/DHCP/ and clean out this folder so that the tab can properly (supposedly) reconstruct the corrupted DHCP settings. (Currently I have instituted static IP assignment at home so I can use the blessed thing...

Is root access absolutely positively 100% needed to get at that folder? Is there a method that might work using my desktop and the USB data connection. Yes, I'm trying to avoid having to root the device. I don't find a lot of info on rooting this device. I just need to get to that stupid folder for 10 seconds!!

Any hope?

Hoib

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is root access absolutely positively 100% needed to get at that folder?
For anything past /data, yes.

Is there a method that might work using my desktop and the USB data connection.
ADB - if the tablet is rooted.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid having to root the device. ... Any hope?
Not without rooting. Unless you want to reflash the whole stock ROM.

Hoib

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, shoot!

Can you please recommend an "easy" rooting path for me. I know just enough to be dangerous...

H

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo