AT&T M8 Software update Downloading NOW!!!

serlex

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone reached out to the AT&T customer service and demanded a fix for this? There is no acceptable reason they can give for not fixing this immediately, even if it's just an update that removes the app.

Just had an idea that has probably been tried but has anyone simply disabled the app via app manager in Settings? Force stop and then disable.

Also, for those who can, I recommend simply rooting the phone and removing the app entirely.

They've played dumb and act like it's an HTC issue; HTC says that isn't correct and it's at&t's fault. Such a fun runaround. I would root but I have no idea how (online instructions may as well be in ancient Greek)...

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
They've played dumb and act like it's an HTC issue; HTC says that isn't correct and it's at&t's fault. Such a fun runaround. I would root but I have no idea how (online instructions may as well be in ancient Greek)...
If you decide to root then I promise its not that hard just read the instructions 2 or 3 times and watch videos on YouTube on how its done , before you know it you'll be offering to root your friends phones !!

Sent from my Nexus 7

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Well, if you want full access to the phone, you could S-OFF with Sunshine. They've got Lollipop support now. I *think* when I did it (back on 4.4.3) there was an option to grant root access as well, but I honestly don't remember. Sunshine costs $25 but it fully unlocks your phone. If it grants root access, it may be easier than using ADB or something similar, and the process is very quick and I have not heard of anyone having issues with it. With S-OFF and root access you can just uninstall the app and be done with it.

If you don't want to go that route, you can call AT&T and complain. Mentioning the word "attorney" has a tendency to make them more helpful, especially if it's an app that tracks your movement without your knowledge or consent, because that sounds like something that could be a class-action lawsuit. They may even be unaware of the issue, assuming that it's a bug and not an intentional location-tracking app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007