AT&TNote 3 - Friday, September 27th @ Best Buy???

sh00ter1776

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if you mean you'll pick up in your local Best Buy and cancel your online pre-orders?

Luckily I pre-ordered 9/14 and haven't received anything yet. I keep hoping because I can save a decent amount of $$ at Best Buy over picking it up at AT&T or elsewhere on release day.

Yes, if I don't have a tracking number by Friday morning i will go to a BB and verify that they have two phones for me to purchase. If they do then i will just cancel my online order.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
By the way, she asked me which carrier, which is AT&T then she looked up my name and said I was set for Friday. I did mine in store a couple of weekends ago when I picked up my Note 8.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've pre-ordered at least three different phones from best buy and they have never come through on any of them. I won't waste my time again.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered my iphone 4 at Best Buy and got it the week it came out so I am not worried about my Note 3 not arriving this Friday.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Nicholas Hayford

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered online and I haven't seen any email from Best Buy... I used the chat option on Bestbuy.com yesterday and they told me I should see it by Oct. 8 with Express shipping. I asked them how i could get it quicker and they upgraded me to expedited shipping so i should get it "the day after ATT releases it." Still hoping to get it by Saturday... since my bday is the Friday!

opnr2000

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have learnt from past experience not to order from retail chains such as best buy. target and walmart etc... They will say anything to get you to preoder with them. When the time comes to deliver they will push the date back and frustrate their customers. This is why i try to order directly from the manufacture (like apple) or the carrier stores. The carrier stores are not much better than retail, but they do receive a larger stock at launch. So you have a better chance to get it from them imo.

hang in there guys, you will get your note soon.

Boomslang001

Banned
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
From another website:
"Just went into BB and they were unbox in a bunch of black ones. Salesperson told me they are for people who pre-ordered only."

Really hope this is the case for those of us waiting to learn anything from BB. I still don't have a delay email or anything indicating something's wrong. I should be happy but I always expect the worst. Extra worst when BB is involved, lol.

TheLivingTribunal

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I called Best Buy corporate to check on my online order that I placed for the AT&T black Galaxy Note 3 on 9/9. The Best Buy system stated that teh ship date was between July 7th, 2013 and July 10th, 2013! The BB employee could not explain the impossibility of that date. I asked them the following questions:
1) Is there a back order on the Galaxy Note 3?
Answer: "I do not know, I cannot tell until the Best Buy gets them in stock" - this made no sense and didn't answer the question.
2) Do you know when the Galaxy Note 3 will get shipped out for those who pre-ordered?
Answer: "When you get an e-mail notification with Tracking Information" - Simple response from a simple minded BB employee
3) I ordered earlier than those individuals that are getting those delayed order auto e-mails, will I get one of those?
Answer: "I don't know"
4) The phone comes out on the 4th, since I pre-ordered will I get it on the 4th?
5) What is the point of pre-ordering a phone three weeks ahead of the launch with expedited shipping if I cannot get it on the release date?

Clearly BB is idiotic and cannot answer simple questions.
As of 4:52 PM CST I have not recieved tracking information from BB, and I have expedited shipping. When I pre-ordered Dark Knight Trilogy ultimate collectors with expedited shipping they provided me tracking number 3 days before I got it; and I recieved it the day it was released in stores. So judging by this, I will not recieve it on the 4th. I will keep everyone posted.

Boomslang001

Banned
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I called Best Buy corporate to check on my online order that I placed for the AT&T black Galaxy Note 3 on 9/9. The Best Buy system stated that teh ship date was between July 7th, 2013 and July 10th, 2013! The BB employee could not explain the impossibility of that date. I asked them the following questions:
1) Is there a back order on the Galaxy Note 3?
Answer: "I do not know, I cannot tell until the Best Buy gets them in stock" - this made no sense and didn't answer the question.
2) Do you know when the Galaxy Note 3 will get shipped out for those who pre-ordered?
Answer: "When you get an e-mail notification with Tracking Information" - Simple response from a simple minded BB employee
3) I ordered earlier than those individuals that are getting those delayed order auto e-mails, will I get one of those?
4) The phone comes out on the 4th, since I pre-ordered will I get it on the 4th?
5) What is the point of pre-ordering a phone three weeks ahead of the launch with expedited shipping if I cannot get it on the release date?

Clearly BB is idiotic and cannot answer simple questions.
As of 4:52 PM CST I have not recieved tracking information from BB, and I have expedited shipping. When I pre-ordered Dark Knight Trilogy ultimate collectors with expedited shipping they provided me tracking number 3 days before I got it; and I recieved it the day it was released in stores. So judging by this, I will not recieve it on the 4th. I will keep everyone posted.

From all of these stories it kinda seems like people who pre-ordered ONLINE the first week of the announcement are getting screwed for some reason. Really hope the in-store pre-orders are or have gone out to their respective stores. I'm just hoping Best Buy did what they should do and request the phones and not just rely on stock they'll receive and then slap a name on it. I know how it usually works but who knows in this case...

TheLivingTribunal

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I called BB again at 9PM CST, and the lady told me that "the pre-order just reserves you a phone but does not mean you will get it on the release date, the phone will ship to you on the the releasse date, which is the 4th." I discussed the fact that the Dark Knight rises trilogy was pre-ordered and arrived on release date, so why shouldn't the phone follow the same principle? She couldn't explain that. I then asked if I can just cancel the order and have the refund applied within the hour so I can just walk into the store and pick one up; and she said the refund won't apply for at least 1-2 days. I used gift certificates so I'm screwed. BB screwed me over on this as of now. :mad:

Boomslang001

Banned
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got a "Your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow 10/4" from Best Buy. So I'm looking good there. Then again I did pre-order in store and not online. Wish they would've been more consistent and had better communication and knowledge overall in this situation but they came through in the end. Unfortunate I had to order a cheapo case off of Amazon just so it would get here in time to protect the phone. Spigen curiously isn't shipping out until next week for most pre-orders on their cases. Screen protector is waiting at home, though. At this point I'm hoping for good trade in value on my iPhone like they said they'd give me and maybe the $50 gift card deal on Galaxy devices in combination with $15 of rewards I have. SO EXCITED! :D

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got a "Your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow 10/4" from Best Buy. So I'm looking good there. Then again I did pre-order in store and not online. Wish they would've been more consistent and had better communication and knowledge overall in this situation but they came through in the end. Unfortunate I had to order a cheapo case off of Amazon just so it would get here in time to protect the phone. Spigen curiously isn't shipping out until next week for most pre-orders on their cases. Screen protector is waiting at home, though. At this point I'm hoping for good trade in value on my iPhone like they said they'd give me and maybe the $50 gift card deal on Galaxy devices in combination with $15 of rewards I have. SO EXCITED! :D

Just received my pickup notice for tomorrow from Best Buy as well. I also ordered in store and not online.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

Just received my pickup notice for tomorrow from Best Buy as well. I also ordered in store and not online.

When did you guys do your in-store preorders? I prepaid on the 24 of Sept in-store and I have not received anything as of yet....

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by Best Buy again yesterday to confirm for the third time and I was assured I would get my phone this Friday. I am probably going to stop by again today and will probably stop by another BB store to see if they say anything different about the Note 3 arrival in general. The exact date of my pre-order was Sept 21st by the way.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by Best Buy again yesterday to confirm for the third time and I was assured I would get my phone this Friday. I am probably going to stop by again today and will probably stop by another BB store to see if they say anything different about the Note 3 arrival in general. The exact date of my pre-order was Sept 21st by the way.

If its available Friday (tomorrow as of your post and my mine), then I would think they would physically have the phone today. Let us know what you find out.

guy smiley

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got my email notification for pickup as well. Can't wait. Maybe I'll pick up the Galaxy Gear also to try it out. If it's no good I'll just return it.