Audio boost.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am on an optimus s, running reborn.i have noticed there isn't as much power coming from the headphone jack as I would like, are there any apps or settings to change this? I am also running set cpu, scaling on demand, min 245 max 806

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends...power for phone call volume or for media? Phone is about as goods as it gets...but for media you can crank up the dsp eq and use a player like power amp that has a pre amp adjustment...these are minor adjustments but will help. Also might help to upgrade headphones

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree. My Optimus is NOTICEABLY (I would guesstimate 30% or worse) quieter running pandora to speakers than my Droid 2, Nexus S, and co workers fruit phone. We all have optimus S's for work, and they all sound the same plugged in to speakers. I have been hoping for something to boost output to the aux port while running Pandora as well :(

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've wondered if the GSM variants (T, One, etc.) sound any different. The reason is that we all have the same Wolfson audio chip, but the code for their boards mentions AMP in a few places and ours doesn't. If we add this code to ours before compiling the ROM would we be able to directly control the WM9093 chip for better sound? The 9093 is a lower power solution than most chips from what i read so maybe we are just stuck with lower sound.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I found a solution, but it requires upgrading to 2.3. The application is called volume+, and even though it force closes, (when removing aux cords and such) it still applies the settings.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I found a solution, but it requires upgrading to 2.3. The application is called volume+, and even though it force closes, (when removing aux cords and such) it still applies the settings.

The same thing is possible with DSP Manager.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Dsp manager doesn't have actual options for raising volume in headphones, through bluetooth, or the external speaker. It has settings for equalizers, bass boost, and others, nor including volume.

Edit: not*