Aug 11th "Official" Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What does Engadget know?

"the Engadget Show is back in a big way next Wednesday, August 4th at 8pm!"

"The Engadget Show is sponsored by Sprint, and will take place at the Times Center"

Where did you see the august 4th?

Could it be a release \ announcement day?

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not to flood the forum here by hot damn

EPIC Announcement day w00t

pdayco: I know what it is.. See you there! #samsungsecret
about 4 hours ago via web

SamsungMobileCA: The bright side is you’ll know in less than one week #samsungsecret Follow us for big announcement
about 5 hours ago via HootSuite

SamsungMobileCA: What comes before a good ponder? #samsungsecret
about 10 hours ago via HootSuite

pdayco: RT @SamsungMobileCA: BIG TO annct Aug 4! Follow us and stay tuned #samsungsecret TRUST - you’ll want to know about this, it’s gold.
about 12 hours ago via HootSuite

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's hopin they announce the Samsung Media Hub available at launch of the Epic- Epic preorder start on the 6th - 2 days after 8/4 announcement- and phone on sale 8/20 at latest- but I'd love to see them release it 8/7 I'll be in line at 6 am with coffee and donuts.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So can you pre order a phone while you are still on contract?

Sprint doesnt care. That way they either get you with a reup on your contract or you pay full price and they make money off the sale. Either way sprint is making out like a bandit so no they will not care.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesnt care. That way they either get you with a reup on your contract or you pay full price and they make money off the sale. Either way sprint is making out like a bandit so no they will not care.

BestBuy and Radioshack didn't allow pre-orders for people who couldn't use an upgrade for the Evo. Plus their out of contract price is significantly higher than Sprint's price in store and online.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the full retail price of the Epic yet? Or is there a rumor of what the full retail price will be?

I can take a guess...
$450-$499 from Sprint
~$700 at BestBuy... if they are carrying it
Sprint+~$50 at RadioShack

Otherwise, no rumors are circulating around at the moment. No official word from Sprint either.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
BestBuy and Radioshack didn't allow pre-orders for people who couldn't use an upgrade for the Evo. Plus their out of contract price is significantly higher than Sprint's price in store and online.

Well I guess they dont like making money. Oh well I never use anything other then a sprint store for my needs. I always run into trouble going outside a sprint store making it much easier to deal with them directly.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
They wouldn't make as much money... they get tossed a bone for contracts, thats why they give you the phone without MIR. When you're talking about a phone like the Evo, that was HIGHLY likely to sell out, its smart. You maximize your profits.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Possible Release Date Discussion

Dang it! I won't have Internet until August 8th, although I think I can get Internet for a short while on the 6th. I've set up volunteer posts for a notification by text from Cleveland, LA, and where Mattism lives (Florida?). You can tell I'm dead serious about this phone lol.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Safe to conclude?

So it's pretty safe to conclude from this thread that....

Release date will be announced August 4th during the Engadget Show
Some rumors/speculations that pre-orders will begin August 6th?
Lastly, the Epic 4G will be release by at least August 20th. Hopefully earlier

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So it's pretty safe to conclude from this thread that....

Release date will be announced August 4th during the Engadget Show
Some rumors/speculations that pre-orders will begin August 6th?
Lastly, the Epic 4G will be release by at least August 20th. Hopefully earlier

Correction: According to all of our info, the Epic 4G will be release by at the latest August 22nd.

"At the latest" because of the "a few weeks" statement. 22nd instead of 20th because apparently Sprint likes to release phones on Sundays.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Correction: According to all of our info, the Epic 4G will be release by at the latest August 22nd.

"At the latest" because of the "a few weeks" statement. 22nd instead of 20th because apparently Sprint likes to release phones on Sundays.

But I thought that since the Samsung video help day was scheduled for the 20th that everyone decided it would have to come out before that day or at least on it. Also didn't they release the Evo on a Friday?

downsouth11

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
But I thought that since the Samsung video help day was scheduled for the 20th that everyone decided it would have to come out before that day or at least on it. Also didn't they release the Evo on a Friday?

Please tell me we are not arguing about 2 or 3 days here that we aren't even sure of.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Whatever the speculation is I NEED this phone. My current one is screwing up and causing me more and more pain by the day. Come on sprint and samsung just send me one and be done with it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson