Battery life

jhb3

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Well for one it wad easy to find the stock download file and I also remembered the battery life was better when on JB thsn KK. Battery drain is so slow now.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
From the moment I received lollipop my battery life has been a joke. Cannot make it to miday before Im hugging a wall..
I called verizon twice the said they are aware of problem and a patch is on its way in 3 to 4 weeks. i understand its a Verizon employee but I guess ill see in 4 weeks.

MSUICEMAN

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone will discharge with minimal use in 4-5 hours. It takes a century to charge also. I have done a FDR on it. At this point I am going to go to the Verizon store and lose my damn mind on them. If they refuse to replace it with another phone (not LG G2 or G3), then I will root the phone and downgrade (or attempt to, I am not familiar with rooting/flashing LG phones, been a Samsung/Motorola guy). It will also be my last contract with big red (after 11 years).

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Verizon and LG should have come out with an official "my bad" announcement and easy optional downgrade for users having issues; then a new update to lollipop in the future once they determine what the real issue is and fix it.

jtay

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen any random improvement? From midnight to 1600 yesterday, with my usual couple hours of music and a bit of phone time, and an hour or so of browsing and Facebook, I was still left with 75%, instead of 50-60%. Same kind of use today between 0230 until 1300, 92%.

I'm doing nothing different, and still haven't done a reset.

jkn1946

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd give an update - my phone has improved also. Don't know if it is "silent" OS updates or steady apps updates to LP compatibility or the fact I have not caught it on 3G or ????. The phone is still on LTE/CDMA. Go figure. Again, I'm a light user with none or little music/video/streaming. So, I'm relatively happy - Good luck folks.

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wifey updated our G2 without my approval. Same issue. Drops slowly to 50%, then falls off a cliff. It's not a huge deal as I mostely only use it for a hotspot on weekends, but I do think VZW needs to produce an update to fix it. Has anyone complained to Verizon?

jcassell1

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Before factory data reset I was getting about 8 hrs before needing a charge and about an hour of screen time. After the reset last night...check out the pics. My old G2 is back.

Attachments

• 1431659327046.jpg
    1431659327046.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 20
  • 1431659337047.jpg
    1431659337047.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 20

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried a battery reset, but I've found that it still falls off a cliff after it reaches 50%, however, I have not tried the battery recon technique (draining to 15%, turning it off, and then fully charging), so I can't blame Lollipop completely.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So my wife and I both have the LG g2 running stock and starting about a week or two ago our battery life has been dreadful. I'm talking sitting idle for 2 hours and losing 20% battery life. Wifi is on and battery saving mode is the location mode. Android OS and Android System show as the biggest culprits. So odd since the phones were working just fine and no new apps or anything were installed since the issues started. So frustrated right now.

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My battery life seems to be getting worse. It used to have 30-40% at the end of the day, now I cant keep a full charge to last one day. Ive done the factory reset thing. I specifically bought this G2 for the battery life and Im not up for a discount on a new phone for 9 months.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the same thing. In the past, after an OS update, I could count on battery life settling in to a reasonable discharge rate within a few days to a week. However, I'm noticing mine is actually getting a little worse than immediately after the update, instead of better; not a lot worse, but noticeable. It was never as good as pre-update, but now I also can't make it through the day on a single charge. And, like you, I also bought the G2 in part due to the battery life. Very unhappy with this "upgrade".

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ya. It falls off a cliff after 50%. Have you tried a refresh?

Step 1: Let it fall below 15%
Step 2: Turn it off.
Step 3: Plug in the OEM charger.
Step 4: Don't touch it until it's fully charged. Give it at least 3 hours. I like to do this over night while I sleep when I don't need an alarm clock, so on weekend.

See if that gives you some more juice. There's no doubt that Verizon's Android 5.0 is killing the G2's battery, but this will bring it back some. Or at least, should.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
So I've been noticing primarily is battery life is at night. It has nothing opened, phone just sitting on the table untouched and drops like 20% over 8 ish hour time frame. I miss the old battery life where on a full charge I would get 2+ days out of the charge (with avg normal usage for me) and now everyday needs to be charged.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
<snip for brevity> I think it actually discharges faster than the charger can replenish it now. Wish I never let the software "upgrade" to lollipop.

I can lose power attached to a 2 amp charger while listening to locally stored podcast audio with the screen off. Agreed, something is wrong. I just switched off global...I hope that helps.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately that doesn't solve the issue either. It's definitely Google Play Services related. I installed an older version and battery life was normal. I couldn't auto sync everything so I updated back to current version and everything went to crap again?

mayhem8

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have something simple that has helped. I still think the root cause still has something to do with Lollipop, but I noticed that a stock app (NFL Mobile) was constantly searching for the location. This didn't show up as a big deal for the apps listed under Settings > Battery > Battery Usage, but it did show "High battery use" under Settings > Location. I never used this app so uninstalled it.

Like some others I also noticed that Amazon AppStore was consuming between 20-30% according to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage, so I uninstalled that, or should I say, reverted back to the version that originally came on my phone according to the message I got trying to uninstall it.

I am not a big phone user. A few texts, a call here and there, check traffic on way home sometimes with Google Maps, and access a couple websites a few times a day. I used to be able to go 3 days between charges but have had to recharge daily after Lollipop. With the above 2 changes I am at least back up to getting a couple days out of my battery before it's completely dead.