Battery Usage - Screen at 76%

ksw144

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I know the battery issue has been talked about a ton with 2.2... Everything software wise seems to be using a normal amount of juice. My issue is that the screen absolutely kills my battery.

With light-moderate use, I am regularly at 76% of my use from the screen. If I turn up the brightness, I can almost watch the battery meter tick down...

Is this normal? Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks!

KW

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What ROM and kernel are you using? Are you still on stock? There are some tips and tricks to get better battery life, but before we can help ya we need some info on where you're at =)

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I know the battery issue has been talked about a ton with 2.2... Everything software wise seems to be using a normal amount of juice. My issue is that the screen absolutely kills my battery.

With light-moderate use, I am regularly at 76% of my use from the screen. If I turn up the brightness, I can almost watch the battery meter tick down...

Is this normal? Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks!

KW

Understand that the percentage of battery usage is pretty much useless information. The display is always going to be the highest % of use since it draws the most power. If you start seeing the display using less %, it only means that something else in the phone has started drawing more.

As you start running battery saving apps and low-power kernels, you'll only see the % of battery used by the screen increase.