Benefits of flash on 2.2

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got this response on another non-tech message board regarding Froyo's ability to do flash properly:

If iPhone users want flash that badly (most of us don't), you can jailbreak and have it.

Also, Flash games have to be rewritten for touch interfaces so playing them as is won't work very well, unless you like your hand covering the game you are trying to play.

Most episodes of online TV shows don't require Flash anymore, either. Not to agree with Jobs, but Flash is a BAD technology and needs to either a) be fixed BIG TIME, or b) go away forever and be replaced by something newer. Flash is slow on desktops, and I've seen it on Android phones...and I'm not impressed...I see quite a bit of slowdown with it, unless everything goes perfectly, which almost never happens.

What's a good rebuttal for this apple fanboy?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sour grapes. If the shoe was on the other foot, it would be a completely different story.

Just another example of Steve Jobs' reality distortion field. All the iPhone zombies hate flash now even though it's definitely a nice feature to have.

Oh, and Dailymotion works. Heh heh.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I would disagree that Flash isn't valuable for most TV shows. For example, you can watch clips or full eps of Daily Show / Colbert on Comedy Central sites, and can watch any of the CBS / NBC / ABC content on their sites. I don't know if it can be done without Flash.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother arguing it in my opinion. No one wins when you do .. lol

My opinion is it's always better to at least have the option. Especially since it's just that an option that can be disabled.

If it turns out Flash destroys battery life and all the other negative talking points we always here then so be it don't use it unless you have to. However I don't see how having the option to use it is a negative thing.

I'm not a huge Flash fan (or hater for that matter). All Flash players in Linux on my laptop turn my laptop into a portable heater every time I watch a 5 minute video. However as long as Flash is still wide spread on the web I want the option of being able to view it if I choose to.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would disagree that Flash isn't valuable for most TV shows. For example, you can watch clips or full eps of Daily Show / Colbert on Comedy Central sites, and can watch any of the CBS / NBC / ABC content on their sites. I don't know if it can be done without Flash.

How are you watching abc shows? I believe they use Silverlight..and I don't think you actually can watch from an Android device..

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
flash isnt all about games and videos. its just great having a computer in my pocket that shows the real internet. just today i got a FWD from someone at work of an unemployment chart of the US map growing and growing, and on my phone i click it and see what i actually see on my desktop. that's the power of flash IMO. many times i click a link and no longer see the missing flash plugin icon. on top of that it works great which is even better!

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sweet watching ESPN 360 on my phone college football season is going to be great this year now that I can leave the house :)