Best car dock for Note 3?

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ibolt wouldn't be my 1st choice. My craigsdock has the cable integrated into the dock. You simply slide the phone into the dock and it connects to the cable automatically.

I could not find your Craigsdock car mount on Amazon ???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The best car dock I have found for my note 3 is my cup holder. I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra that has a slide in out cup holder in the dash and works perfect. It works with or without cases and external batteries, and best of all, it's all for the low low price of.....free!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 doesn't fit in any cup holder in any of my vehicles, including my 3500 DRW. What a PITA. Also, since the charge port is on the bottom of the phone, it's not conducive to plugging in while driving. Hence, my Craigsdock.

Brian Hiatt

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I would most definitely prefer an OEM Samsung model designed just for the Note 4 I have, but the only Samsung model I see is a universal model and I am not a fan of the ratcheting in and out of the side bars that hold it...

IT_Architect

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: best car dock for note 3?

Yeah modern computers are nowhere near as vulnerable to magnetic fields they used to be. There remains a risk however that data passing along unscreened wires could be corrupted. There is a risk that you might damage data on a card with a magnetic strip on it if placed near a magnet. A weak magnet should be okay, but if you put a strong magnet, like a neodymium iron boron magnet (like you find in a speaker) near electronics you may induce an electric current which could cause problems and hardware failure. Magnets can also attract debris, e.g iron dust particles that could get onto pcbs and cause short circuits. It's just good practice to avoid magnets.
This morning I was looking at cell phone holders. The magnetic ones looked perfect! However, I also design electronic circuits and it violates what I know. In balance, I was also thinking that they sell a lot of these things, and people love them. So, I did a little experiment this morning, hoping to allay my fears, and prove that my Note 3 really did have a way to test magnetic north and not using some electronic fakery. I launched a compass program, and it was working fine. I got one of those little telescoping magnets out of my tool box that you use for dropped retrieving screws. It won't lift much, and irritates me when it drops screws I'm trying to retrieve. It was pretty cool to see North move around while I moved the magnet around in a circle above the phone. Then I put the magnet back into my tool box and went back to the phone. The direction was where I left it, ~180 degrees off. I thought, that's odd. I turned my phone and it didn't help. Then I shut down my phone and started it back up. I went back into the app and it was still off by ~180 degrees. I took it outside and same thing. Then I pointed it north and pressed the calibrate button. It snapped to north, but north would move with the phone to be off by 135 degrees when I faced the phone to the south. I'm in panic now. I went on line and found threads that GPS Status can often help. I installed and ran it, and it straightened it out. The Magnetometer was without question affected both before and after the magnetic source was removed for some time. It gave no indication things were getting better between the time it happened and I found the app to fix it. I REALLY love to go with the magnet type, but I don't think so. Back to what I know, metal and magnets near oscillating circuits also introduce parasitic changes in load also. That may add validity to the claims of some of the Amazon reviewers who wrote that they had cell phones going bad every few months until the got rid of their magnetic holder. So I guess it's back to the clumsy, inelegant squeeze-type holders. Eeew! I learned a lot about people's experience on this thread with other models though.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick