BestBuy S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Order - Prism Blue

You have to do your trade-in at Best Buy.

Thanks, and just to confirm that you can order the device online and then do a trade at time of pick up? There seems to be no way to account for a device trade in during the online order process.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Order - Prism Blue

Thanks, and just to confirm that you can order the device online and then do a trade at time of pick up? There seems to be no way to account for a device trade in during the online order process.

I believe if you read the fine print on the BB website, it says you have to do your pre-order in-store (and not online) if a trade-in is to be involved.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung.com S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

Anyone who ordered from Best Buy, can you see any order history on the Best Buy website? I ordered in store and received email confirmations but when I search order history on their website nothing shows up.

I cannot see the order history on the website. I think this is due to them ordering for us in store rather than us ordering through online website. Regardless, you should have a copy of the agreement and receipt of the preorder when you ordered in store. Also, they sent me an email of those copies too.

DLIVINGS

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Re: Samsung.com S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

I cannot see the order history on the website. I think this is due to them ordering for us in store rather than us ordering through online website. Regardless, you should have a copy of the agreement and receipt of the preorder when you ordered in store. Also, they sent me an email of those copies too.

Correct..You won't see it on your online account/BB app. Make sure you keep your pre order confirmation. You'll need it as proof of pre order, for your free ear buds.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I went to BB to preorder today, I also want to trade in. It was clear that these are two different things. The trade in happens at time of sale, not time of preorder. You should be fine preordering online and then tossing a trade into the mix when you pick the device up.

Now it is possible the guy at best buy had no clue and screwed my entire order up, but barring that what I wrote above it likely the case.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea... the trade should have been documented as a down payment and should show up in your paperwork. unless they use a different system at your Best Buy.

You should have gotten something like this. Now maybe you can add the trade in at pickup, but that sounds sketchy to me. Also I paid tax up front and have a receipt for that as well.

Capture.PNG

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just went to Best Buys website I didn't see my order done in store. I was told only way for trade in was in store. I have my pre-order reserved paper from 2/22 I was in the store. Didn't pre-orders actually start on the 22nd or was it after the show on the 20th? I thought it was on the 22nd but Samsung reserve people could order on the 20th and had 48 hours to do so to be guaranteed the 8th and people aren't even getting on the 8th my husband the 15th and then it went to the 22nd for someone on here.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So do I need to download the Samsung shop app to do the ear buds thing? Not sure if I have that app or not. I think something happened when I got my 9 plus and they were out of something they were giving away and the manager just told me to pick out a free case under 60 bucks I was like ok. LOL! But I really want these ear-buds my husbands will come with his phone from Samsung I'm guessing. How long does it usually take to get? They won't deny you and say they ran out will they?

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea... the trade should have been documented as a down payment and should show up in your paperwork. unless they use a different system at your Best Buy.

You should have gotten something like this. Now maybe you can add the trade in at pickup, but that sounds sketchy to me. Also I paid tax up front and have a receipt for that as well.

View attachment 298683

My experience was completely different. I was helped by a GM as well and he stated that I don't pay anything until I pick up the phone on the 8th. That's also when I trade in my phone and he showed me the sheet they have indicating how much I will get for my phone, which will be as a BB gift card that I can put down towards the cost of my phone. He seemed pretty sure about everything but who knows?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So do I need to download the Samsung shop app to do the ear buds thing? Not sure if I have that app or not. I think something happened when I got my 9 plus and they were out of something they were giving away and the manager just told me to pick out a free case under 60 bucks I was like ok. LOL! But I really want these ear-buds my husbands will come with his phone from Samsung I'm guessing. How long does it usually take to get? They won't deny you and say they ran out will they?

You have to do it from the app, but it has to be done from the app on your new phone, so you can't submit for the buds until you have the new S10 in hand. That's the difference in how the promo works for those that pre-ordered direct from Samsung vs. pre-ordering from other outlets like BestBuy, Verizon, etc.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered yesterday at the store and can see the order history when I log in to Best Buy

I just went to Best Buys website I didn't see my order done in store.

For those NOT seeing your order online, are you BB Reward Zone (or whatever they call it nowadays) members? I know that as a member, you can see all of your in-store purchases. Not sure if they do that for everyone else, though. Just a thought.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You have to do it from the app, but it has to be done from the app on your new phone, so you can't submit for the buds until you have the new S10 in hand. That's the difference in how the promo works for those that pre-ordered direct from Samsung vs. pre-ordering from other outlets like BestBuy, Verizon, etc.

Cool I just want to make sure I get them cause they seem cool and I really could use them. My ones now broke and aren't wirless. I wanted to go through Samsung to get them right away and for the 50 accessory but now I am not worried about it and didn't like their cases much anyway.

DLIVINGS

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I guess it depends on the BB store. I did my pre order in store. I got a pre order recite at the store and two confirmation emails. No money was required. Like others...mine is not showing up on my Best Buy account. I assume that's because there was no money put down. I'm getting a Sprint locked version, so my trade-in will go towards my monthly payments

Last edited:

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know, is there any advantage to going the BB route vs the samsung.com route?

If so, I can cancel the samsung.com order I have in.

Thanks.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know, is there any advantage to going the BB route vs the samsung.com route?

If so, I can cancel the samsung.com order I have in.

Thanks.
I can't think of any, other than you hand over your trade in and don't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail or Samsung rejecting it for some odd reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys85