Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm wondering if any are getting reported in the Samsung Members app

Edit: Yes there is at least one thread there

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow. I've been following Samsung forums since Note 7 and every year same thing with rejecting trade-ins... but I have never seen it like this. Insane.

Just imagine... forum members are just a small sample of owners. Just imagine how many users and phones they are rejecting. Gotta be insane.

Yep they're saving a TON of money on the people who don't want to fight over the reduction of the trade in values, and just eat it and buy the new phone anyway :eek:

It's not a new business tactic, but it's a VERY disgusting and anti-consumer one, and shows the kind of mindset Samsung leadership has :mad:

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The only way to fight the illegal practice of systematically rejecting qualified trade-ins is for each rejected customer to report the incident to the FTC, even if Samsung relents when contacted. But few customers seem to be doing that, so the practice will continue without penalty.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm the latest victim View attachment 351899

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

No I am the latest I knew it. I just got the email and I'm sure my husband got it too and he's asleep. I am on hold with Samsung now and I wasn't very nice. I said it's happening to everyone and Samsung is being reported. He said it shows here your phone had no cracks I don't know if he meant when they received or from what I checked when ordering. He said I will fix it and he put me on hold. I said I better get an email saying my trade in was successful and that I won't be charged. I said I'll dispute the charge on my credit card and I will report you. He told me he would help me I am on hold now.

It's crazy now he is saying my husband didn't trade in a phone. I don't have his order number but I said I'm sure he got the same email can you look it up by name and email. I said I have 2 tracking numbers we sent back 2 phones then he puts me on hold again and said my husband didn't get that email that his was successful which I don't believe but we'll see when he wakes up here soon. I just can't believe all these people they are trying to scam. I guess I'll do Best Buy next time even if it's less of a trade in. I said you should give me an accessory credit for my troubles didn't work but what a waste of my time.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No I am the latest I knew it. I just got the email and I'm sure my husband got it too and he's asleep. I am on hold with Samsung now and I wasn't very nice. I said it's happening to everyone and Samsung is being reported. He said it shows here your phone had no cracks I don't know if he meant when they received or from what I checked when ordering. He said I will fix it and he put me on hold. I said I better get an email saying my trade in was successful and that I won't be charged. I said I'll dispute the charge on my credit card and I will report you. He told me he would help me I am on hold now.

It's crazy now he is saying my husband didn't trade in a phone. I don't have his order number but I said I'm sure he got the same email can you look it up by name and email. I said I have 2 tracking numbers we sent back 2 phones then he puts me on hold again and said my husband didn't get that email that his was successful which I don't believe but we'll see when he wakes up here soon. I just can't believe all these people they are trying to scam. I guess I'll do Best Buy next time even if it's less of a trade in. I said you should give me an accessory credit for my troubles didn't work but what a waste of my time.
Give the rep a chance to fix it. He's just doing his job and isn't responsible for Samsung BS.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Give the rep a chance to fix it. He's just doing his job and isn't responsible for Samsung BS.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah he did I got the email and I told him it's not his fault that his supervisor needs to know about the Texas trade in place. It's just crazy how many people their doing it to.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
90% of the horror stories being reported are from phones that went to the Texas location.

Only 90%? I thought everyone who sent their trade-ins to Texas got a rejection email. Did I miss something? Did anyone get a successful trade-in in the Texas facility without calling the CS?

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
This really is chaotic to leaf through. I feel for all the consumers who wouldn't know to push back, and suck up the loss. Ouch!

I started buying from Samsung direct just because of trade in woes in the past. Going through AT&T was a nightmare, and they insist on shipping via donkey more or less from Alaska, no proper tracking for a good three weeks, may or may not pick back up and get to the destination, etc. One year, they claimed to receive neither phone and it was of course a huge expense in spite of fighting back in all directions against it (photos of the devices and IMEIs, packaging, proof of prop off, USPS claim, AT&T claims, etc.). Samsung, on the other hand, sends the phones here 2nd day, and our return labels are also 2nd day. Feels safer... thankful to see ours are going to TN, maybe it'll be our (third?) successful year (touch wood).

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Did your husband's get approved?

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

I told him the story about mine and how the guy said his was ok and for him to double check and he didn't tell me so I am assuming it's ok or he would of asked me to call Samsung back. I forgot to ask him again last night.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Trade In Lie

I commented in this forum a week or so ago about trading my S22 Ultra in on an S23 Ultra. I sent in a perfect, like new condition phone and received an email stating they were deducting $155 dollars from the trade in value because of a cracked screen/case. I called and demanded my S22 back. Here are photos of my cracked S22 Ultra.20230303_111443.jpg20230303_111520.jpg

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trade In Lie

I commented in this forum a week or so ago about trading my S22 Ultra in on an S23 Ultra. I sent in a perfect, like new condition phone and received an email stating they were deducting $155 dollars from the trade in value because of a cracked screen/case. I called and demanded my S22 back. Here are photos of my cracked S22 Ultra.View attachment 351923View attachment 351924

Sorry. This year the trade-in is a total mess

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm supposed to send mine to Lewisville TX, is that the same facility as Coppell? Google Maps show them as being 7.6 miles apart, so I'm guessing it is :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djglover7