Camera Cracks/Lines - What are they?

Sylbee

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I have owned an S7 Edge that I use as my everyday phone since August of 2016, so it is a little over a year old now. Probably 3 months ago I noticed that my rear camera always has these lines manifesting whenever I open the camera app. I thought that the rear lens might be cracked but there are no visible cracks either on the outer or inner lenses. These lines or cracks also seem to be perfectly straight and perpindicular to one another; this is also unlike any crack that I would normally expect. I am pretty ginger with the phone and have only ever dropped it a few times and all of them were low impact (the worst that I can think of was knocking the phone off of a 4-5 foot ledge onto carpet) plus it is always in a fairly solid case. The lines are only visible when using the rear camera. I don't take a ton of pictures so I honestly can't specify when exactly they started to appear.

I would like to know what these lines are and what caused them, and also if there is a way to fix it. The camera still works and that is great, but the lines are really distracting and just overall it sucks to have them there. I will include an image taken just now; these lines seem exactly how they are now as they did when they started.

Attachments

• 1509834291901-2016849810.jpg
    1509834291901-2016849810.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware