camera glass protection

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Even with the cutout on the flash and laser, you still had a blue haze? Like as if you were taking a picture in a smokey room?

This is what I got with the WSD camera protector. Compared to my N10+, that has no lense cover...

That's what I was afraid of. I don't want anything covering the camera lenses.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. I don't want anything covering the camera lenses.
I'm no camera aficionado, but I think it's more because the Flash is covered by the glass. I think the lenses would be okay, Again, I don't know for sure. The worrisome part is because the camera glass is so large and the lenses are a decent size too... potentially lose some image quality, or take chances with breaking the glass everyday? So far, I don't see any image quality issues with regular pictures. So far, only the flash is an issue with this particular lens protector.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm no camera aficionado, but I think it's more because the Flash is covered by the glass. I think the lenses would be okay, Again, I don't know for sure. The worrisome part is because the camera glass is so large and the lenses are a decent size too... potentially lose some image quality, or take chances with breaking the glass everyday? So far, I don't see any image quality issues with regular pictures. So far, only the flash is an issue with this particular lens protector.

I'll probably be getting DBrand just to cover the square area. I haven't broken any camera yet on any phone.

WSD screen didn't cover the front side camera, why on earth they cover the backside. Makes no sense to me.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried spigen and esr that covers the lens and seemed ok. Looking for glass not film with the lens hole cut out.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
WSD screen didn't cover the front side camera, why on earth they cover the backside. Makes no sense to me.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. My only concern is that no other device I've owned has such a big area of glass just for the cameras.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I also got the WSD camera protector but it covers the microphone as well as the lenses. I'm having problems with fingerprints on the front WSD protector so I imagine that this will be an issue for the camera protector. It doesn't seen realistic to have to wipe down the camera protector every time I want to take a photo, especially a quick one. Should I just remove the camera protector?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I also got the WSD camera protector but it covers the microphone as well as the lenses. I'm having problems with fingerprints on the front WSD protector so I imagine that this will be an issue for the camera protector. It doesn't seen realistic to have to wipe down the camera protector every time I want to take a photo, especially a quick one. Should I just remove the camera protector/

I just don't trust that slab of glass unprotected, so I am not going to remove it until I get a replacement in. I am in the process of researching for some.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. My only concern is that no other device I've owned has such a big area of glass just for the cameras.

Agree on the camera module is much bigger than any camera out there. Definitely prone from breaking like any other glasses. I probably will be ordering DBrand skin to cover that area for now. :)

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've thought about the camera protector from Whitestone Dome but some say it can affect photos with flash and to be honest I've not seen enough chatter from people saying theirs are cracking or being scratched.

I'll be using a Samsung Black Leather back case that has a lip around the camera module and I have a dbrand Black Dragon Camera Skin on the way too.

I always fit the same style dbrand back skin on my phones anyway.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about the camera protector from Whitestone Dome but some say it can affect photos with flash and to be honest I've not seen enough chatter from people saying theirs are cracking or being scratched.

I'll be using a Samsung Black Leather back case that has a lip around the camera module and I have a dbrand Black Dragon Camera Skin on the way too.

I always fit the same style dbrand back skin on my phones anyway.

I'll look at the dbrand skin. The only protectors I can find that have lense cut outs are black and I want clear. Most, except the WSD, at least have cutouts for the microphone and flash.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll look at the dbrand skin. The only protectors I can find that have lense cut outs are black and I want clear. Most, except the WSD, at least have cutouts for the microphone and flash.

I'm with you on this. Tried a couple where the lens was covered and I think it made the pics not as clear but I'm not positive. Maybe dbrand is the only way to go.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the dbrand skins and don't think they will play well cosmetically with either my clear case or the sview case. I think at the very least the flash and microphone should be cut out. I really don't want black but at least that one has cut outs for the lenses.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I looked at the dbrand skins and don't think they will play well cosmetically with either my clear case or the sview case. I think at the very least the flash and microphone should be cut out. I really don't want black but at least that one has cut outs for the lenses.

If I went DBrand route, I'd go matte black. Neutral. I don't think I'll go with a protector... but I have to get home and open my package and look at the phone to be sure.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

So far nothing with the camera cut-out with temper glasses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia