Can I root my Samsung Galaxy (samsung-sm-g900a) Running Android Version: 5.0 on AT&T

SoulDeep

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm having one helluva time trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android version 5.0 with a build number lrx21t.g900aucu4bof3.

I've tried all the apps I can find and nothing works. I've downloaded all the right files and followed all the correct YouTube instructions I can find and nothing seems to work.

I'm under the impression that there is NO root method for my model running version 5.0.

My issue stems from the fact that Instagram has disabled my account for some reason or another and thus has banned my IMEI number from operating using its app. I wouldn't normally pursue such a ridiculous task, but I've invested a lot of time and effort into building my Instagram account.

All the tutorials and videos I've seen make it look very simple. Since none of them are working for me, I'm guessing there is o solution to my dilemma right now.

Anyone care to help me out? I'm desperate. Haha

Thanks!

AtharvD

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Easy:
1) Download a TWRP custom recovery (.tar file)
2) Flash it using Odin whilst your phone is in boot mode.
3) Flash a SuperSU zip using the recovery

Posted via the Android Central App

Sunderhill

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
WRONG!!!

Read link in post #2
If you even go as far as looking up TWRP galaxy s5, there's a preview of the page in plain black and white stating:

"TWRP Recovery – This TWRP CWM recovery is available for all Qualcomm- based Galaxy S5 except AT&T and Verizon ..."
smh.....people gotta google!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234