Cannot connect to a functional Wi-Fi connection - android phone says "Connected, no Internet"

A

AC Question

Cannot connect to a functional Wi-Fi connection - android phone says "Connected, no Internet"

Hi,

Have recently been experiencing recurrent problems with connecting to internet with my two android phones. I must specify that my laptop connects fine via Wi-Fi, but neither of my TWO android phones (Sony Z3 Compact and Huawei ALE-L21) are able to stably connect to the internet. The Sony runs on Android 6.0.1 and the Huawei on 5.0.1.

What happens, in the space of about 5 seconds, is:

1) phone searches for wi-fi networks
2) finds and connects to my home wi-fi network
3) says "connected, no internet"
4) disconnects and disappears from list of available networks
5) return to step 1...

Sometimes, I might get 2 seconds of internet between step 2 and 3 (proof that internet does work!), but it almost immediately disconnects.

What I have tried so far, but none of which have worked:

1) Soft reboot of both router (ZTE Livebox FTTH v2) and phones.
2) Factory reset of both router and phones
3) Static IP settings for both phones
4) Safe mode in both phones
5) Wifi Fixer
6) Desyncing and resyncing router and phone location times

Anything that I may have missed here? Or is this possibly a hardware fault? The "connected, no internet" thing only started happening a few days ago, before which this never happened. Would greatly appreciate your help in diagnosing this!

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot connect to a functional Wi-Fi connection - android phone says "Connected, no Internet"

Anything that I may have missed here? Or is this possibly a hardware fault? The "connected, no internet" thing only started happening a few days ago, before which this never happened. Would greatly appreciate your help in diagnosing this!
I doubt it's a hardware issue, as you mentioned other devices are OK and it's just two Android phones having an issue. Plus it's two different versions of the OS running on phones from different manufacturers so there's very little chance both would just fail at around the same time.
At first I thought it might be a DNS matter but that would be tied to web site access and that would have to involve already having an established online connection. Looking through the things you've already tried, see if disabling IPv6 in your Livebox router makes any difference.