Can't get my daughter's LG G6 to pair with her 2013 Kia Soul radio.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've tried pairing the phone from the radio. The radio displays its name and the pairing key. One the occasion when the phone "see" the radio, there is no screen to type in the 4-digit pairing key on the phone. I paired my iPhone with her car this way.

I also tried pairing from the phone but the phone won't recognize the radio even when I try "searching" from the phone for the radio.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you try to pair, does it expect you to type in the 4 digit code, or is it asking you to make sure the same code is displayed on both devices? On all of my devices these days, you just have to make sure that both devices are displaying the same code, rather than having to type anything in.

Do both of these at around the same time:

1. On the car radio, go to the Bluetooth settings and tap the Add Phone option.
2. On the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, tap Menu, then Refresh or Scan.
3. On the phone, see if the car radio shows up in the device list. It might not initially show up as an actual name, but rather a MAC address. Tap it if it shows up, and see if you then see the code on both the car and the phone (or see if you get a code entry screen on the phone).

db9146

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
B. Diddy,

Thanks for the reply.

When I tried to pair the phone, I did both as you suggest but nothing appeared in my daughter's phone when I searched. I double-checked to see that he BT from the radio was on, turning it off and back on. Same with the phone. I never got the phone to recognize the BT from the car but I was able to from my iPhone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this a factory-installed car stereo, or an aftermarket unit? Can you see if there's a firmware update for it? (If it's factory-installed, ask Kia; if it's aftermarket, check the website for the manufacturer.)

db9146

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
The problem is that when the phone recognizes "Kia Motors", there is no option to enter the 4-digit code. If you tap on "Kia Motors" on the phone, it doesn't bring anything up and the radio says "pairing failed".

The firmware version in the radio is: version 7.00.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meta321