Cases that work with the wireless charging back

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I just dropped my beloved GN3 and put a nice gouge in the metal on the right side. Normally my phone would be in a nice case and that would have stopped it from happening but when I got the wireless charging back - the bulge in the rear made the cases I have not work properly.

Anyone able to recommend a case that works with this back?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just dropped my beloved GN3 and put a nice gouge in the metal on the right side. Normally my phone would be in a nice case and that would have stopped it from happening but when I got the wireless charging back - the bulge in the rear made the cases I have not work properly.

Anyone able to recommend a case that works with this back?
I don't think there is a protective case that will work with the added bulk of the wireless charging back. It may be possible to use a TPU or silicone type of case that may "stretch" a bit to cover the added bulk, but that's probably about the extent of what you can use. Other more protective cases are pretty tight on size and don't offer much more room for a size increase.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Trident Kraken ams case on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Wireless back and tempered glass screen protector. It fits pretty decent though the USB flap doesn't close all the way. You can cut off the flap too if desired.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a protective case that will work with the added bulk of the wireless charging back. It may be possible to use a TPU or silicone type of case that may "stretch" a bit to cover the added bulk, but that's probably about the extent of what you can use. Other more protective cases are pretty tight on size and don't offer much more room for a size increase.

Yes I have found this out the hard way anything I have tried does not work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali