Clock

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am traveling now, and having problems with my Flyer's clock. I have gps turned *on.* The HTC Sense widget shows the correct location and local time, but the internal clock doesn't adjust.

This wouldn't be a problem, except that the calendar and alarm clock don't adjust to local time.

For example, it is 8:15 local time, 7:15 at home. Sense widget says 8:15. Time in the status bar says 7:15. Calendar says 7:15. I set an alarm in the Sense widget for 8:20 and the Flyer says that the alarm will ring in 1 hour and 20 minutes from now.

My EVO knows what time it is and adjusts to local time, and thanks to that, I did wake up on time today. Good thing, since I have a flight to catch! :)

Am I thinking about this wrong, or do I need to change a setting, or is this a bug? I do get left and right, forward and backward mixed up quite a bit.

Thanks for any and all input here.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I just traveled as well, so I wish I'd paid more attention so I could help you troubleshoot a bit better.

I have a suspicion that on WiFi-only devices, the device time is fixed in one time zone unless you manually adjust the time zone. On devices with cellular connections, such as your EVO, they're able to update the device time using information from the local cell network as soon as the device connects. While the HTC Sense widget updates time based on other location sources, such as GPS or WiFi, I'm not sure if the underlying Android software does. If you haven't connected to a WiFi connection already, I'd suggest trying that first, but if that doesn't help, then you probably need to set the time zone manually by going into the Clock, then hitting Menu, then choosing Local Time Settings.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I just traveled as well, so I wish I'd paid more attention so I could help you troubleshoot a bit better.

I have a suspicion that on WiFi-only devices, the device time is fixed in one time zone unless you manually adjust the time zone. On devices with cellular connections, such as your EVO, they're able to update the device time using information from the local cell network as soon as the device connects. While the HTC Sense widget updates time based on other location sources, such as GPS or WiFi, I'm not sure if the underlying Android software does. If you haven't connected to a WiFi connection already, I'd suggest trying that first, but if that doesn't help, then you probably need to set the time zone manually by going into the Clock, then hitting Menu, then choosing Local Time Settings.

I suspect you are correct, as I have noticed the weather app does not recognize your location without a WIFI connection.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

stingharder

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
The internal clock is adjusted in the settings app. View all apps and choose Settings, then Date and Time. Set you time zone here and it will update the internal clock.

The Sense clocks can be set up either to be specific for a time zone, or current--which automatically adjusts to the time zone using GPS.