Colours look dull and washed out compared to my S22 Ultra...

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine looks fine although I don't usually have it set to vibrant anyway. There is also another setting in 'Brightness' settings called 'adaptive colour tone' which adjusts colour tone based on ambient lighting conditions to make colours appear more natural in different environments.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

JoeRedDuck

Jan 24, 2024
Visit site
I am having this same issue. I noticed it immediately and when comparing the s22 ultra to s24 ultra it is a massive difference. I have both vivid screen mode and adaptive colour tone turned on. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also wondering, as it seems to only be S22U users, if the Exynos 2200 with it's AMD designed GPU is just very vivid and vibrant.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't have mine yet! But I wonder what is going on with this one complaint so far? ALL the reviewers who took the time to mention this anti-reflective feature said it was absolutely great! They were all amazed that Samsung didn't mention it in the unpacked event! Something is out of kilter here...either with the reviewers, or with the most recent end users?????

Reactions: MassiveBollocks

MassiveBollocks

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
Don't have mine yet! But I wonder what is going on with this one complaint so far? ALL the reviewers who took the time to mention this anti-reflective feature said it was absolutely great! They were all amazed that Samsung didn't mention it in the unpacked event! Something is out of kilter here...either with the reviewers, or with the most recent end users?????
Popular Youtube reviews have omitted this fact, whether knowingly or unknowingly, I am not surprised since they are mostly Snapdragon users.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
"since they are mostly Snapdragon users."
Not sure what this means? Are you saying that the Snapdragon versions are different/better/worse than the Exynos versions? Just trying to understand!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It has been reported, and Samsung has said that they have been slowly backing off the super saturated colors in One UI. The last 3 generations of S phones have had small reductions in how vivid the colors were. Comparing to the S22 would be a bigger drop off than comparing to the S23. I don't know if that's true.. or if this is simply the way Samsung has designed it now.

Reactions: Mavsballinout

KParks

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
Ok guys just got my phone in and it was noticable enough that I thought I got a dud or something and decided to search Google for answers. At least I know my phone is fine but the difference in saturation on the 23U and 24U is huge. The new phone definitely looks dull and washed out.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali