Crazy battery life!

gamefreak715

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Conan1071, what is your screen brightness set to? I noticed a substantial increase after going from 100% to automatic. My eyes have adjusted to automatic after a while and I find that sufficient now.

Posted via Android Central App

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Conan1071, what is your screen brightness set to? I noticed a substantial increase after going from 100% to automatic. My eyes have adjusted to automatic after a while and I find that sufficient now.

Always have screen at auto. Which means in sunlight, can't see it.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My Phone is at 31% Of Battery Left, @ 14hrs, 52 Minutes And 4hrs 53 Minutes Of Screen On Time. Is that Good? Or can it do better? I've only had this phone for 14 days. & my battery widget sometimes it goes from a low percentage to a high percentage as if I was charging my phone but I'm not. Example: I'm at 88% and randomly it goes to 92%. What can that be?
I'm trying to post the screenshots here but i don't know how.

Last edited:

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My Phone is at 31% Of Battery Left, @ 14hrs, 52 Minutes And 4hrs 53 Minutes Of Screen On Time. Is that Good? Or can it do better? I've only had this phone for 14 days. & my battery widget sometimes it goes from a low percentage to a high percentage as if I was charging my phone but I'm not. Example: I'm at 88% and randomly it goes to 92%. What can that be?

To copy the Battery screen - hold the power and volume down button. That will put it in your gallery. Then in the post toolbar, click on the image icon and in the my computer tab click the browse button and pick out the picture from your gallery. Also click on the graph and post that and also click on the screen time and post that.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday got down to 18% battery after 7 hours screen time, 1.5 hours talk time and on for 1 day 8 hours. Your phone can probably do the same.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does losing 12% battery over 8 hours while sleeping sound normal to everyone? I have active notifications set to sleep during 12-8am, and during that time, my battery dropped 12% (on 4g). Just seems like a lot...

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
it should be "about" 1% battery for every 1 hour while "sleeping".. and very roughly 6 ish to 10% battery for every 1 hour while "awake" depending what exactly your doing on it.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Did it download any app updates in that time? Most of my apps have pushed updates recently

Nope - no updates, no anything. All I have is Gmail sync, a Comcast email syncing every 30 min, facebook, twitter, and Kik messenger that would look for updates at any given time.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed that my battery percentage skips around. Today, I was reading articles and checking Facebook/Twitter on my phone for a 1 hour train ride. When I got in, my battery was at 95%. When I got into the office and set my phone down for 30 minutes, I turned it back on and it was back to 99% battery. I am not quite sure what is causing this, but it happens often. Not a really big deal because the battery life is still absolutely incredible, but it's just odd. By the way, you should be getting was more than 5-6 hours of screen on time with this device. Last night I went to bed and my phone still had 68% juice left. It had been on for 16 hours and had 5 hours of screen time. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, but will do so tonight if I remember.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
That's seems like a long time. Do you have screen shots of battery usage?

wanted to go a little longer but im going to be gone for most of the day and need to start charging the phone.

Screenshot_2013-10-21-09-02-58.png

Screenshot_2013-10-21-09-03-03.png

Screenshot_2013-10-21-09-03-08.png

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed that my battery percentage skips around. Today, I was reading articles and checking Facebook/Twitter on my phone for a 1 hour train ride. When I got in, my battery was at 95%. When I got into the office and set my phone down for 30 minutes, I turned it back on and it was back to 99% battery. I am not quite sure what is causing this, but it happens often. Not a really big deal because the battery life is still absolutely incredible, but it's just odd. By the way, you should be getting was more than 5-6 hours of screen on time with this device. Last night I went to bed and my phone still had 68% juice left. It had been on for 16 hours and had 5 hours of screen time. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, but will do so tonight if I remember.

That just happened with my phone. It was at 96% an hour ago and now it's at 99% and I didn't charge it.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Also my clock widget redraws itself every time I'm in chrome or other apps for a long time, it disappears when I hit "home" and it reappears a couple seconds later. That has been happening since the original RAZR Maxx & Maxx HD. I never found a way to fix it. Anybody knows?
And yes my battery widget goes from 93% to 97% battery without charging. What can that be?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Also my clock widget redraws itself every time I'm in chrome or other apps for a long time, it disappears when I hit "home" and it reappears a couple seconds later. That has been happening since the original RAZR Maxx & Maxx HD. I never found a way to fix it. Anybody knows?

It's just normal. Android is dismissing the home/launcher app while you are using other apps. When you hit home, it needs to relaunch all of the widgets - which the Maxx does pretty quickly. I bet it's a lot faster than a couple of seconds. With 2 GB of RAM on the Maxx, it should happen fewer times compared with the Razr Maxx and Maxx HD. It'll still happen if you use an app or apps that use a lot of RAM.

And yes my battery widget goes from 93% to 97% battery without charging. What can that be?

The battery meter is an estimate based on usage, voltage, etc. The initial estimate that said 93% was incorrect, and it has readjusted. When the battery is close to full the estimates probably tend to be a little off. As the battery drains more and more time has passed since being unplugged from the charger, the estimate approaches actual conditions.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Awesome then then I should be happy my battery percentage goes up randomly then :)
& yes it does it quick and less times than the HD so its a win. Thanks for the detailed info, I can go to work without worrying about a replacement before the 14 day period lol

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I have used GSAM Battery Monitor and the Droid Command Center and never had weird inconsistencies like this. Not once and I look at my battery a lot for some reason. I wonder what the root cause of this could be?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mostly for grins, decided to power down for the first time last night. (Wasn't sure I'd make it thru a long day today if I began around 50% where I'd be, wasn't time to charge yet!) Shocked to see that the battery didn't drop even 1% overnight while powered down. Crazy. I expected 5...something. Surely not 0.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Mostly for grins, decided to power down for the first time last night. (Wasn't sure I'd make it thru a long day today if I began around 50% where I'd be, wasn't time to charge yet!) Shocked to see that the battery didn't drop even 1% overnight while powered down. Crazy. I expected 5...something. Surely not 0.

By powered down, do you mean turned off?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201