Curious. Who is switching and From what???

What are you switching from to get the Evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rsehawaii

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I imagine WM is going to big portion of the group. Then Palm, since this is a spinoff of Treocentral. I can't believe people even use Palm hardware anymore, talk about no changes since the Treo650...

I have a Treo 755p which worked well for me. I had thought I would get a pre and even thought about pre-ordering but decided to look at it in the store on the first day. When it first came out, it left a lot to be desired, so I thought I would wait to see what came out -- either an iphone moving to another carrier or something else. For a while, I was thinking of the moto droid, but I thought about waiting until June to see what the iphone would look like. I'm glad I waited because I'm looking forward to the Evo.

PurpleGuitar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching from my Palm Treo Pro. The TP is a good phone, but Windows Mobile is frustrating to use even with Palm's special sauce and lots of hacks.

I'm looking forward to the Evo's huge screen, autofocus camera, and open development environment!

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
making that switich

Im switching from a blackberry tour I may still keep my old curve for bbming maybe but my blackberry tour I am getting rid of. I never had an android before and I heard good things about them. I am willing to try it out and see if it lives up to the hype especially coming from a blackberry no longer a crackberry addict:confused:

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a launch day Pre which is in like new condition and I've had without issue but I must admit that I must flee from my Palm Pre before it breaks on me. This is the best time to get rid of it while its still worth something because after 4 June the market will be flooded with them. Soon you won't be able to give them away.

silvilas

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that Launch Days are the norm for me as I go from Pre Day 1 to EVO Day 1 (pre-ordered from BB). Seeing alot of Pre on this poll. For me, I love the WebOS but the hardware is lacking. On my 3rd Pre and will not get a 4th. Either looking to trade the Pre in to BB or to give this to my 12 year old. Will be interested to see what HPalm will be doing in a year or two and to see if they can utilize what they have.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Count me among the many switching from WebOS. Palm really borked this one not releasing a better quality device and more robust PIM within the year.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Getting rid of my Sprint palm pre for the EVO (although technically I already got rid of it since I changed to a moment temporarily just to get a feel for android before I get the EVO)

Too many hardware issues and exchanges with my Pre, though WebOS was nice.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow. So lots of Pre people moving away. The number against Palm increases much faster than any other system.

They will lose much mindshare with the release of this Evo. Mindshare they need in order to keep the platform alive.

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dam I almost feel bad for the Pre these many ppl leaving WebOS. This is like a H.S. breakup..

"Its not you, its me" or "If you get hot by junior year, I'll take you back"

SuthernKumfort

May 19, 2010
www.wmdgaming.com
Switching from a Palm Pre on Sprint. Dont get me wrong.... I LOVE WebOS. I just am not happy with the hardware. I might be sorry if Palm announces a new phone, but pretty excited about the EVO!

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'll be switching over to the HTC Evo from my ol' trusty BlackBerry 8330. It would of been a Palm Pre, but I grew tired of waiting around for that June release date and decided to go for a BlackBerry instead which I have no regrets of doing. My impatience almost got to me this time as well, but I think I spent too much time following this phone to not get it. So I decided to just show some discipline and actually wait this one out.

stevemobs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Palm screwed the pooch with the Pre. The Mojo SDK idea was ok for casual developers but something more robust was needed from the start. The PDK is far too late to the game. If Palm had the WebOS interface (which still outclasses anything else in usability) and the PDK on day 1 they opened to devs they'd be in a much better position I think. Oh well, so much potential gone. Android has native code now with access to the GUI so there isn't really anything you can't code on Android now. Looks like the best bet to me.

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to put my Pre on the shelf for a while. If and when Palm launches a webOS device with a big screen, 4G, front & rear facing cameras and a powerful processor then I'll definitely give them another look.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I've gone from the Sprint Treo 755p to the Nexus One on T-Mobile back to the old Sprint phone to a Samsung pre-pay phone on AT&T to the Droid Incredible and now back to the old Sprint phone all in the last 5 months.

Don't ask why.

Now I'll be first in line on June 4 to get the Evo. That one, I'll keep. ;)

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow... looks like a chunk of Precentral just migrated over Here. The Evo 4g will be our own little island in the sea of Android. By the way, compare the number of Pre users to Android users getting the Evo.

hippie_hideaway

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The general consensus of those that are jumping from WebOS to the EVO are:

1. WebOS is great.
2. Palm hardware is lacking.

Not ever having used an Android phone, my two questions to those who have used both an Android phone and the Pre are:

1. What, specifically, makes WebOS superior to the Android OS?
2. What, specifically, makes Android hardware superior to Palm hardware?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech