Currently on ice cream sandwhich, cleanrom 3.6. Revert to stock?

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on CleanRom ICS with s-on. Any way to revert to stock? Phone is acting up and I'm sending it in for a replacement.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Currently on ice cream sandwhich, cleanrom 3.6. Revert to sto

I'm currently on CleanRom ICS with s-on. Any way to revert to stock? Phone is acting up and I'm sending it in for a replacement.

I'm to lazy to type this so here's Scroslers guide.........

first you need to relock by opening a comand window,change tot he folder with adb/fastboot,and plug in your phone with usb debugging checked,like you you unlocked.

type adb devices in your command window. if you get a serial number back,then youre connected

type adb reboot bootloader to put your phone in fastboot mode

when the screen with the while letters appears,type fastboot oem lock

your bootloader will relock,and depending on the extent of the mods in your ROM,your hboot will prolly know,and give you a security warning. at this point run your RUU. i would reccomend running the .exe file over a PH98IMG. just download,run as administrator,then plug your phone in when it tells you(if its plugged in from locking youre good to go). please note that with the hboot locked and the security warning,you are locked into hboot. your phone will not reboot into custom firmware while its locked,so you are stuck in hboot until you either re-unlock,or run the RUU.

the Rom Updater Utility will flash the current firmware and then reboot to a freshly reset stock rom.

be aware that your hboot will show relocked now,and will always be a tattletale for anyone who cares enuff to check your hboot status. to my knowledge there is no way to change this on s-on phones

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

That's the old guide. Which worked for GB. If you ran an ICS RUU, then you're kinda stuck on ICS as the RUU's won't allow you to flash an older one. The best you can do is load the "stock" GB ROM, or S-Off and load the RUU of your choice because S-Off negates the normal rules of flashing.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the old guide. Which worked for GB. If you ran an ICS RUU, then you're kinda stuck on ICS as the RUU's won't allow you to flash an older one. The best you can do is load the "stock" GB ROM, or S-Off and load the RUU of your choice because S-Off negates the normal rules of flashing.

Will verzion deny me my replacement or charge me full price if I flash to a stock gb rom and lock it again?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Will verzion deny me my replacement or charge me full price if I flash to a stock gb rom and lock it again?

No way to know for sure. Unlocking the bootloader says it "could" void your warranty. No one that I have seen has been charged for one though. If your issues are obviously hardware then I would not worry too much. If they are software I would be worried and would find a fix online or jump through the hoops to get back to completely stock

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Last edited:

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

No way to know for sure. Unlocking the bootloader says it "could" void your warranty. No one that I have seen has been charged for one though. If your issues are obviously hardware then I would not worry too much. If they are software I would be worried and would find a fix online or jump through the hoops to get back to completely stock

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Well I have the headphone buzz that I can't seem to get rid of with any fix =/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raychippw