Custom Kernel Enabling To Run CM7 & more(UPDATE:OVERCLOCKING FIX)

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Custom Kernel Enabling To Run CM7 & more(UPDATE:OVERCLOCKING

ok i did that, is there any other step i have to do before putting the new ROM on?

bettmm

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for all..But I am old lady with new phone.
what are the steps to do this custom.
TY

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

This has been answered in a number of places but here is the short and sweet, you will need to read the other thread to see how to go about doing each step.

1 Root the Phone (see my thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-thrive/95690-easiest-way-root-lg-phoenix-thrive.html)

2 install ROM Manager from the market

3 install Clock work recovery from ROM Manager ( don't do anything else with this program or you will soft brick your phone and its a major pain to get it fixed but it is fixable)

4 download Joban's Kernel and your favorite ROM from this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...-2-08-overclock-cm7-2-3-7-etc-gyro-fixed.html (so far MMatt's Cyogenmod ROM seems to be the most stable but try what ever you like)

5 reboot into Clock work recovery (CWM) hold home volume button(for some its up for some its down) and power all at the same time.

6 install the ROM (.zip file) from the SDcard

7 Install Jobans kernel

8 clear the cache

9 Reboot the phone

10 skip the setup and add your google account manually (most of the roms seem to think we have a keyboard slider)

Reactions: dmullens

kb1982

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering if the wifi bugs have been sorted out now! If so I'm all aboard. Would like to thank all who have collaborated on this project. When manufactures wont give people consumers what they want, awesome people like y'all make it happen.

mlunaactivist

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

ok i have a p505 with p500 rom the colors are bad and when the phone sleeps i have to restart it i installed rommanager and cwr but the home up or down with power does a master reset it erases it all help i cant get to the menu to install rom and kernal...:(:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos