Custom Kernel Enabling To Run CM7 & more(UPDATE:OVERCLOCKING FIX)

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Custom Kernel Enabling To Run CM7 & more(UPDATE:OVERCLOCKING

i for some reason cannot get my thrive to root..tired many options, i'm running 2.2.2. any help would be appreciated so i can run custom ROMs

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

well my main concern for now is to get LifesGoodPhoenix's phoenix back alive, and i havent touched the kernel since friday been too busy and now this.

there are many ways but this thread is not for that purpose.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

UPDATE: ok guys i compiled the wireless.ko but still the wifi didnt work! but anyways i need testers! so please get the recovery flashed and make sure u pick p500!

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Joban... I'm willing to play lab rat for you provided I have a way to get back to where I am with my phone currently. If everything goes to crap with your kernel am I able to just reflash my phone with the stock OS provided I backed it up before I start? Im completely new to ROMs and this is my first android and I don't like the idea of having a phone that doesn't work.

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

I am happy to test also, but I am only seeing Optimus One or Optimus V options in ClockworkMod on my LG Thrive. How are you getting p500?

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

well donavan if u already got the recovery install you already did all the hard and risky stuff. I'll make a new thread for the kernel and have my latest updates on their and if anyone wants to try it out u can!

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

well donavan if u already got the recovery install you already did all the hard and risky stuff. I'll make a new thread for the kernel and have my latest updates on their and if anyone wants to try it out u can!

Well I installed clockworkmod's ROM Managers from the market, opened it and click on back up current ROM. It seemed to do everything ok but then it looked like it was rebooting and came up with a blue logo and text that said something about bad ROM. I told it to reboot the phone and it came up with no issues. So at the very least I haven't broken anything yet. Am I on the right track here or did I mess something up along the way.

Update:

I ran the backup again and got [E: bad Boot Message "Recover"] But it appeared that everything else seemed to work just fine I checked my SD card and sure enough there is a ROM Back up under the clockworkMOD directory, So I guess it looks like Im really to go with the new ROM as soon as I can get some instructions on how to apply the kernel or whatever needs to happen next.

Last edited:

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Guys,

I just ran into same issues. Selected Optimus One from Rom Manager, went to back up.Nothing happened (ie no backup), but it rebooted. Then I tried to Reboot into CWM and now I am stuck at

fastboot mode started
udc_start()

How did you get out of this? I have the p506.

Please help.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Guys,

I just ran into same issues. Selected Optimus One from Rom Manager, went to back up.Nothing happened (ie no backup), but it rebooted. Then I tried to Reboot into CWM and now I am stuck at

fastboot mode started
udc_start()

How did you get out of this? I have the p506.

Please help.

wow just what i was afraid of! i dont do anything in CWM besides flash recovery and then restart your phone in the recovery and do the backup if you want! the only way to fix that is now flash the p500 kdz! ill also make a thread right now how to fix that for all those who had this problem.

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

i'd love to test this for you, but ive tried every option out there to root my phone, an it wont allow me. once i do this i will put a custom ROM on. any ideas...? i know there are other threads out there but i have already looked through them

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Joban... do you think you can type of a howto on this step by step. There seems to be some confusion as to what steps to take exactly. Myself I didnt see the error everyone gets but I may not have done what the rest have done either and I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I used CWM which crapped out the first time it seemed but worked seemingly great the second time around. At least for the backup part of things.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

i'd love to test this for you, but ive tried every option out there to root my phone, an it wont allow me. once i do this i will put a custom ROM on. any ideas...? i know there are other threads out there but i have already looked through them

I know you said you tried every option but if you didn't try gingerbreak then go to this link and follow the directions it seems to work for a lot of people myself included this the reason I wrote it up.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-thrive/95690-easiest-way-root-lg-phoenix-thrive.html

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

its good that you didnt get a soft brick! its cuz they all tried to backup in the rom manager app! which seems like not working for our phone, so just flash the recovery and then reboot your phone by holding the home button and the up and down volume key. Then backup the rom from there. After that you can flash any p500 rom and flash my kernel on top. Let me know if you want the kernel already cuz i still didnt get the wifi, so im not sure if you wanna do all that yet. For now just backup your rom, unless you want to try it?

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

well i did try gingerbreak and that also didn't work, but i will try again...lol

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

i just got it rooted, this time it worked. your a genius lol, now just to figure out how to put a custom ROM on

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

its good that you didnt get a soft brick! its cuz they all tried to backup in the rom manager app! which seems like not working for our phone, so just flash the recovery and then reboot your phone by holding the home button and the up and down volume key. Then backup the rom from there. After that you can flash any p500 rom and flash my kernel on top. Let me know if you want the kernel already cuz i still didnt get the wifi, so im not sure if you wanna do all that yet. For now just backup your rom, unless you want to try it?

Surprisingly enough I used the ROM Manager and it looked like it was going to crap out on me I got the blue screen and an error and just about freaked. But I selected the reboot option (first on the list I think) and it rebooted ok ... little sluggish at first and I had to reboot again to get it working normally then I just went in and tried the backup through the app and it seemed to work just fine the second time around. Either way it seems I got lucky and got a backup at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000