Cut and paste in the S Note (on Galaxy Note 10.1)?

pegert

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to cut and paste in the S Note App (on Galaxy Note 10.1).
Specifically the handwriting, that I entered with the s-pen. That is a must have for me.
It looks like Papyrus Beta has that feature ? lasso text. But, I want to have notes with mixed handwriting and typing and it won?t do that.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There are times I've wanted that too. The only cumbersome way I know to copy the handwritten part is to do it from an exported note as if it were a picture and then you can lasso the text and slide it to a new note. Like I said, cumbersome! But it seems to let me copy the typed text and paste it elsewhere on the note. Please let me know if you find an easier solution. I haven't played much with papyrus except on my Note phone.

stepheninkent

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Remove palm regection then long press on the screen until the blue handles appear select required text select text alteration box, change colour and size to required font then apply. Or at least something like that may have missed a step out but I did manage to change the text on an spen note after saving.

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was new to using S Note (on galaxy note 10.1) a week or so ago. And I actually bought the galaxy note 10.1 because a friend of mine showed me the S Note app for recording hand written notes etc. This was exactly what I wanted to do.

After starting up S Note, I did a few things like just squiggle and added some typical hand-writing. Then after some time, I wanted to re-arrange writing on the page.....eg cut out some text and then replace the blank space with other things. In other words, I wanted to cut/paste/move. I was surprised to find absolutely no feature within S NOTE for cutting/copying and pasting doodles/sketches. This was weird, and I'm still wondering what software company would include a software for taking notes without a feature for cutting/copying/moving selected areas.

Then I searched the net and found Papyrus, which actually has these 'expected' features. Papyrus is definitely useable, and actually pretty good. The only thing is that they have an additional 'export' feature that you buy (for a few dollars) for exporting your notes to either a pdf or jpg or png file, and their feature does NOT allow you to export to a file within your own tablet. That is, the papyrus export feature only allows you to export pdfs etc to some other system via bluetooth or email etc. I find it weird how, in the 21st century, that software groups actually push out software that don't do things that you would normally expect it to do.

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for mentioning Lecture Notes. I just took at the features and looks quite functional. Thanks........will give this one a try.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I was new to using S Note (on galaxy note 10.1) a week or so ago. And I actually bought the galaxy note 10.1 because a friend of mine showed me the S Note app for recording hand written notes etc. This was exactly what I wanted to do.

After starting up S Note, I did a few things like just squiggle and added some typical hand-writing. Then after some time, I wanted to re-arrange writing on the page.....eg cut out some text and then replace the blank space with other things. In other words, I wanted to cut/paste/move. I was surprised to find absolutely no feature within S NOTE for cutting/copying and pasting doodles/sketches. This was weird, and I'm still wondering what software company would include a software for taking notes without a feature for cutting/copying/moving selected areas.

Then I searched the net and found Papyrus, which actually has these 'expected' features. Papyrus is definitely useable, and actually pretty good. The only thing is that they have an additional 'export' feature that you buy (for a few dollars) for exporting your notes to either a pdf or jpg or png file, and their feature does NOT allow you to export to a file within your own tablet. That is, the papyrus export feature only allows you to export pdfs etc to some other system via bluetooth or email etc. I find it weird how, in the 21st century, that software groups actually push out software that don't do things that you would normally expect it to do.

Perhaps I'm confused about what you are trying to accomplish, but you can cut and paste any sketch, handwriting, or doodle in S Note. While by pressing and holding the spen button draw a lasso around the sketch and this will copy to clipboard.

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I'm confused about what you are trying to accomplish, but you can cut and paste any sketch, handwriting, or doodle in S Note. While by pressing and holding the spen button draw a lasso around the sketch and this will copy to clipboard.

Thanks for your help. Have you got a link to a set of instructions on how to move that cut piece around on the page in order to shift that piece to the new location on the same page?

Lecture Notes is very good as I have tried it now. The only issue I have with Lecture Notes is that it has some glitch or setup issue where sometimes....... I begin to write ..... such as to write a '3' but the top part of the 3 is missing due to an issue with maybe the noise filtering feature in Lecture Notes. But once I get past writing the first character.....such as to write more '3's.......then there is no problem. I notice that the issue occurs when I exit a notebook in Lecture Notes and then open the same notebook or another book. It looks like a glitch with Lecture Notes because I find that the glitch disappears when I turn off the 'Apply pressure filter' in the input filter settings of Lecture Notes. And I don't get this issue with S note or papyrus. As mentioned, this glitch occurs when I write the very first character in Lecture Notes only, and subsequent characters written are not affected.......and it happens when I start up a old or new notebook.

Quick update......the above issue is gone now, possibly due to a lecture notes update or some other reason. I do not know which version my lecture notes is or if it got automatically updated. I notice the website indicating a new version came out on 8 aug.

Last edited:

uk4uk

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi... in s-note it looks like once you highlight the chunk of handwriting/text/doodle you want to move you can hit "scrapbook" which puts it on the clipboard. Then hit "insert object" (bottom left) and then "clipboard". This will paste the copied stuff back onto the page and it can be moved where you want it. You can then erase the original text. This isn't a perfect solution, but it seems to work. I hope this is helpful. EDIT: I should have mentioned that I'm on a galaxy note 8.0

Last edited:

Mark Hill3

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
wanted to take info from one note and move it to a page on another. First I clicked edit on the note i wanted to copy. Then used the lasso tool to select and copy. This puts it on the clipboard. Then go to new note click edit. then menu on bottom right (i have the edge it may be on the left on the Note) then click insert and select clipboard. Ten choose the item from the clipboard screen to add- there were several.