[Open] Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

12stockcj

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
My favorite announcement at a previous Google I/O was the Play Services announcement. This was a huge step forward for Android, because updates to system apps no longer needed to wait until a release from carriers. This sped up the update process and kept older phones more modern, even if running older versions of Android.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Android Studio and gradle. Gradle has made such a huge difference in build scripts. Only thing missing is code coverage tools like PMD that only work in Maven...

Olga Bogdanova

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My very favorite was Google glass, not just google glass as device itselft but also the way ir was presented by Sergey, really awesome!
I did like Google Now al lot too!

arocha55

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
One of the most memorable moments for me was when they announced Google Glass and they had that crazy stunt with parachuters, skateboarders and everything in between during the keynote. They actually showed it twice for us, and the second time around was more of a behind the scenes on all of the logistics that took place to pull the stunt off the first place.

Another one of my favorite moments was when they announced and demo'd the Nexus Q. Although the product was a flop in the end, during that time it was exciting to know that Google was finally getting their hands dirty in the hardware manufacturing and design process.

Last but not least, when they announced Honeycomb was also a big step because they introduced so many new APIs and UI patterns such as the ActionBar and Fragments, pretty cool stuff!

FeMan

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
While I don't know if it's the most exciting, the one that's impacted me most and has been the best has to be hangouts (as an IM service, not the original video chat released with G+). I'm sure many of us know that messaging, while it should be fundamental, is one of the most broken and convoluted things to do in mobile (and beyond). Hangouts may not be perfect, but with a huge user base and the biggest offering of platforms, I use it every day and it's the only offering from a major tech company really trying to bridge platforms.

Quanturium

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Google play music all access was really something I was waiting for. It was announced at the google I/O last year and I've been using it ever since. Android studio would be my second choice.

awe_t

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My favorite announcement is the Nexus 7 and cannot disregard the smart solution google did by addressing fragmentation issue in them introducing Google Play Services. Very Smart.

Can't wait to go to Google I/O 2014

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Favorite announcement has definitely got to be Google Glass because of the crazy awesome way they did it, skydiving and all!

headco10

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that the Jelly Bean announcement from I/O 2012 was the most revolutionary in my mind. Project Butter, Google Now - Jelly Bean paved the way for Android as we know it today.

jd1ezal

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to choose one thing. Chromecast is pretty sweet in my book. This year I would like to see a new version of android that simplifies the stock theme and uses more soft colors while keeping flat ui. Fingers crossed for I/O invite

Status
Not open for further replies.