ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Ringtones disappeared

On my one LG Optimus where I have Thunder Rom 1.5, all the ringtones disappeared. When the phone receives a call, it does not ring anymore.

Any one know how to fix this.

The other phone with same ROM is fine.

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
On my one LG Optimus where I have Thunder Rom 1.5, all the ringtones disappeared. When the phone receives a call, it does not ring anymore.

My bad. I swapped the SD card and media folder went with the old one. Plugged the old card, copied media folder on to new card and everything was ok.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

mine did this at first as well. I have the cartman and bruce tobi sounds and when I moved them to my sd card and loaded the buildpropdeluxe I stopped having the problem. Doubt they are related tho.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I need help

I can't connect optimus s to my pc, it say device not found when I try to type something in the command. I have android sdk, java and 3 files of usb driver but can't connect or get ADB to start running. I rooted my phone with z4root.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't connect optimus s to my pc, it say device not found when I try to type something in the command. I have android sdk, java and 3 files of usb driver but can't connect or get ADB to start running. I rooted my phone with z4root.

Make sure usb debugging is on(checked).

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Make sure usb debugging is on(checked).

I tried that and it doesn't work. My problem is that I don't know where to install the driver files. Any help would be appreciated.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\android\platform-tools

C:\android\platform-tools>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\android\platform-tools>

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried that and it doesn't work. My problem is that I don't know where to install the driver files. Any help would be appreciated.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\android\platform-tools

C:\android\platform-tools>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\android\platform-tools>

Depending on what your trying to do (root/recovery) you will have better luck reading those specific threads. A thread for a rom is not a good place to find rooting or recovery instructions. Additionally, there's a good chance whatever issue your having has been documented and resolved somewhere on those threads.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Depending on what your trying to do (root/recovery) you will have better luck reading those specific threads. A thread for a rom is not a good place to find rooting or recovery instructions. Additionally, there's a good chance whatever issue your having has been documented and resolved somewhere on those threads.

Thanks,
I'm going the (root/recovery) forum now.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,
I'm going the (root/recovery) forum now.

since i feel bad about not posting the post this morning and you have private messaging turned off.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lgforum.com...nal/LG _USB _Drivers_All_4.9.7.exe?1289941675

download that and run it, i promise i'm a hacker whos trying to gain access to your computer through this exe disguised as the driver for your S...

once you run the exe everything is easy to understand and you'll be set. for a reason i'm smart enough to know, LG chose to not make our phones mount like regular flash drives, like HTC does. The one of only two things i don't like about this phone, i also miss the track ball/pad.

EDIT: Sorry smith, i'm not trying to be an ass but you could make the argument that he needed the usb driver to copy over TR 1.5 and since you need these drivers to make the S a removable device to copy files to the SD...

BTW thanks for including wifi file share pro, i went to go install it again, and it only gave the option to uninstall i was like i know i haven't installed this yet...

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
EDIT: Sorry smith, i'm not trying to be an ass but you could make the argument that he needed the usb driver to copy over TR 1.5 and since you need these drivers to make the S a removable device to copy files to the SD...

A computer is not at all needed to download a ROM. You could
a) Download any 3rd party browser which they all allow the downloading of zip files straight to the SD card (dolphin mini is my new favorite browser) or
b) if you prefer the stock browser, you could download astro file manager (free from the market) and from within astro do Menu > Settings > allow browser downloads and that will allow the stock browser to download zip files to the SD card.

Also, technically, a computer is not needed to root or flash a custom recovery or custom ROM. I rooted a friends optimus S, flashed custom recovery, and he has flashed TR 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 all without touching a PC.

If a person has chosen to download z4root and root their phone that way, they could then download the files from the recovery thread right to their SD card. Open the zips and place the recovery and flash img right on the root of their SD card and complete the entire recovery process via android terminal emulator (free from the market).

Cheers!

Reactions: CaliFourtwenty_

bullman2410

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So, what I do after I download android terminal emulator to my phone? Thanks for any help.

if you have the custom recovey files downloaded to the root of your sd card then your ready to type the exact code listed on first post of the custom recovery thread into terminal emulator....if your in term emulator and only get a "&" sign, type su and press enter and you should get a "#" sign. then type each line in exactly how out reads.

I flashed my custom recovery this way and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: CaliFourtwenty_
Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
if you have the custom recovey files downloaded to the root of your sd card then your ready to type the exact code listed on first post of the custom recovery thread into terminal emulator....if your in term emulator and only get a "&" sign, type su and press enter and you should get a "#" sign. then type each line in exactly how out reads.

I flashed my custom recovery this way and it worked like a charm.

Finally, thank you so much for helping me out.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I get an error on the second line, the one with the flash_image, it say file not found or something like that. How do you move the files to the root of an sd card?

Last edited:

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Mount your sd card to computer, and copy files to the sd card, without putting them in any folder, thus the root, the very bottom directory.

If you are choosing to use the terminal emulator, think of it as a command prompt for your phone. Adapt the instructions accordingly.

Oh yea, Merry Christmas.

Sent from my ThundeROMed Optimus S using tapatalk...

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
hi i flashed over thunderom yesterday and gotta say i love it. but i seem to have one problem. none of my notification sounds play when i get msg/email etc. my phone rings when someone calls but nothing for notifications. i already went through and reset all the tones for notifications and hasnt solved my issue. anyone else had something like this happen? any solutions? thanks.

actually just called it again from house phone and its not ringing anymore just vibrating

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hi i flashed over thunderom yesterday and gotta say i love it. but i seem to have one problem. none of my notification sounds play when i get msg/email etc. my phone rings when someone calls but nothing for notifications. i already went through and reset all the tones for notifications and hasnt solved my issue. anyone else had something like this happen? any solutions? thanks.

actually just called it again from house phone and its not ringing anymore just vibrating

All notifications (ringtones, alarm, etc) are pushed to the SD card upon flashing so ...
1) If you do not have an SD card you do not have them
2) If you changed out your SD card and did not move them, you do not have them.

To fix reflash the ROM overtop of itself. No need to wipe anything just simply reflash the ROM and during the process it will push your notifications back to the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci