ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to EVER brick a phone. Following directions and reading before hand does wonders!!

I just came from lego rom, to this. I used the LG updater tool to go straight from lego, install the update, back into recovery, wipe, then install thunder 1.7, and have no issues. I retained root, recovery, and everything is working without a flaw!!!

This is what I wanted to here. But I want to update then go back to Lego so will that be possible with the new update from the tool Flash tr1.7 for root then go to Lego? :confused:

jayoungusmc

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So heres the thing. I've been using ThundeROM since around 1.3. I just updated to 1.7 last night from 1.6.2. Did all the wipes necessary. Well, I didnt realize it until this morning, but I have NO DATA SERVICE now. It keeps asking me to do a hands free activation too. It'll start up the service, then say, "Loljk"(read:"cannot contact server). I can't use web or anything that uses a data connection unless on wifi. I took it to sprint and they mussed it up even more. They put it into a continous recovery. I finally got 1.7 ThundeROM back up and running on my phone, but still no data service. It isnt asking for activation anymore, but I need my web. any ideas?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So heres the thing. I've been using ThundeROM since around 1.3. I just updated to 1.7 last night from) 1.6.2. Did all the wipes necessary. Well, I didnt realize it until this morning, but I have NO DATA SERVICE now. It keeps asking me to do a hands free activation too. It'll start up the service, then say, "Loljk"(read:"cannot contact server). I can't use web or anything that uses a data connection unless on wifi. I took it to sprint and they mussed it up even more. They put it into a continous recovery. I finally got 1.7 ThundeROM back up and running on my phone, but still no data service. It isnt asking for activation anymore, but I need my web. any ideas?

If you did a nandroid backup. Flash back to that. And are you running v9 or the new VC?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jayoungusmc

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So heres the thing. I've been using ThundeROM since around 1.3. I just updated to 1.7 last night from 1.6.2. Did all the wipes necessary. Well, I didnt realize it until this morning, but I have NO DATA SERVICE now. It keeps asking me to do a hands free activation too. It'll start up the service, then say, "Loljk"(read:"cannot contact server). I can't use web or anything that uses a data connection unless on wifi. I took it to sprint and they mussed it up even more. They put it into a continous recovery. I finally got 1.7 ThundeROM back up and running on my phone, but still no data service. It isnt asking for activation anymore, but I need my web. any ideas?

You should have asked for another phone and blame Sprint

jayoungusmc

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Sprints already ordered a new phone :D and I am V9, I've yet to try a back up restore, I'll get back to you in a minute, I have a couple backed up.

EDIT: I dont know why I hadn't thought of that before. I had been trying to restore all day after the sprint guy got me stuck in an infinite recovery loop. I finally just got back home, returned to stock, went through a million tedious procedures to reroot and set up v1.7 and didnt even think to restore after I got it up and running-ish.

Also, reading through the thread, I saw people rolling back to 1.6.2 got their 3g back and got rid of the hands free, I rolled back to no avail.

Last edited:

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
stuck at LG logo after upgrade to 1.7

Today I took my phone from ThundeROM v1.6.2 with V9 to ThundeROM 1.7 with VC. These are the steps I took:

1) Unrooted and reverted back to stock without any problems:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html

2) Updated to VC using the LG Software Updater without a problem (once I found a Windows computer to use:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...guide-using-lg-software-updater-ls670zvc.html

3) Rooted without a problem:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

4) Installed custom recovery without a problem:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-4-a.html

5) wiped data/factory, dalvik, cache, and flashed ThundeROM 1.7

6) rebooted in to ThundeROM from recovery

7) rebooted back in to recovery (via Quickboot) and flashed deluxe buildprop

8) rebooted back in to ThundeROM 1.7 from recovery and proceeded to install all of my programs, settings, etc.

At this point everything seemed to be working OK. I verified that all of the baseband and firmware versions were as I expected (all showing VC and ThundeROM 1.7). I was pretty happy with things, but the battery was draining quite a bit faster than normal and my data didn't seem to be as steady as normal (NPR streaming was a bit choppy and market downloads seemed to take longer than normal. I figured this (especially the drained battery) was simply because of significant use in downloading apps and setting the phone back up. So I figured I'd shut down the phone, turn it back on, plug it in, and go to bed.

Well, I powered it down, but when I turned it back on (long power button press), the screen turned on and showed the LG logo, and that's all it did no matter how long I let it sit there. I've read some posts that mention freezing at the LG logo, but usually that happens after a flash or some other sort of rooting or customizing action. After having a running ThundeROM 1.7 on VC, I simply shut down my phone as I did dozens of times on 1.6.2 and now I'm stuck. I pulled the battery and tried again with no luck. I pulled the battery and tried booting in to recovery, but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry for being so verbose, but I wanted to give a complete outline of what I've done.

thegta98

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Today I took my phone from ThundeROM v1.6.2 with V9 to ThundeROM 1.7 with VC. These are the steps I took:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html

2) Updated to VC using the LG Software Updater without a problem (once I found a Windows computer to use:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...guide-using-lg-software-updater-ls670zvc.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-4-a.html

8) rebooted back in to ThundeROM 1.7 from recovery and proceeded to install all of my programs, settings, etc.

At this point everything seemed to be working OK. I verified that all of the baseband and firmware versions were as I expected (all showing VC and ThundeROM 1.7). I was pretty happy with things, but the battery was draining quite a bit faster than normal and my data didn't seem to be as steady as normal (NPR streaming was a bit choppy and market downloads seemed to take longer than normal. I figured this (especially the drained battery) was simply because of significant use in downloading apps and setting the phone back up. So I figured I'd shut down the phone, turn it back on, plug it in, and go to bed.

Well, I powered it down, but when I turned it back on (long power button press), the screen turned on and showed the LG logo, and that's all it did no matter how long I let it sit there. I've read some posts that mention freezing at the LG logo, but usually that happens after a flash or some other sort of rooting or customizing action. After having a running ThundeROM 1.7 on VC, I simply shut down my phone as I did dozens of times on 1.6.2 and now I'm stuck. I pulled the battery and tried again with no luck. I pulled the battery and tried booting in to recovery, but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry for being so verbose, but I wanted to give a complete outline of what I've done.

Nicely done. Welcome to the team... I did the exact same thing, beside's wipping. It worked perfect without that.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Nicely done. Welcome to the team... I did the exact same thing, beside's wipping. It worked perfect without that.

Heh...I knew I was too verbose in my previous post. Had I not written a novel, the ending where my phone won't get past the LG logo would have been more clear.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Well, after a dozen or so attempts at trying to get the phone to boot either in to recovery or ThundeROM 1.7, I decided to give up. I plugged the phone in to the power outlet, and when I came back in to my office to turn off the light, I noticed that the battery charging icon was where the LG icon used to be. Figuring that any change from the LG icon was a good sign, I hit the power button to turn it on, and this time the LG icon stayed on only for its alloted time and then I saw "android" flash on the screen. Sweet! So I have no idea what happened and now I'm absolutely terrified to ever turn off my phone again, but at this point my phone is operational again.

thegta98

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
When I 1st did the 1.6.2 to 1.7 I got long loading time and my phone got stuck at LG screen for a bit, but I did this trick alot when my battary would run hot from just over use. Put the battary and phone in the freezer.... for I say, just under a minute.... maybe 2.

It will cool down the battary and phone... Thus. this worked many times... to unlag my phone, then again I am a A Class 10 idiot. So... It works though. XD

I didn't care about personal stuff thought... I just ran my Nandroid backup from RIGHT before I flashed to ThundeROM. Updated the LG tool, shut off phone, flashed 1.7, flashed buildprop deluxe for 1.7, booted up my rooted and 1.7 phone .

Edit: Also to state, my 1.6.2V9 to 1.7 was a fail... and my phone was laggy. Plus no service.

Also to add again, my LG screen froze after I did my successful Nandroid to VC to 1.7, but after I pluged it up and unplugged. Took out the battary... It worked fine. I think putting the charger in at mid boot up will cause it to stall.

Last edited:

thegta98

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Heh...I knew I was too verbose in my previous post. Had I not written a novel, the ending where my phone won't get past the LG logo would have been more clear.

My fault... xD I am sorry for your problem though. Not having a working phone is not good. Esp.... if it's TR.

Since you are using a diffrent recovery then what I did then....
Bree or Kay will most likely find or have a answer. I am not all update, nor have the time to search, consider, and help.

Last edited:

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Am I correct to say there is no custom kernel with 1.7? The kernel is lge #2 and I need tot manually load Xionia or another one to obtain OC with SetCPU. Two issues I do notice when doing this is the loss of ability to switch to landscape mode...horrid for typing...and SD card malfunctions... Is there a kernel being made? Thanks!

thegta98

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Am I correct to say there is no custom kernel with 1.7? The kernel is lge #2 and I need tot manually load Xionia or another one to obtain OC with SetCPU. Two issues I do notice when doing this is the loss of ability to switch to landscape mode...horrid for typing...and SD card malfunctions... Is there a kernel being made? Thanks!

Right now with 1.7, no custom kernal... just leave stock. As 1.7 was built for the VC update on hand. So no.... I am sure Bree and Kay are working on a ROM fix, but as for now. I suggest you wait.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, after a dozen or so attempts at trying to get the phone to boot either in to recovery or ThundeROM 1.7, I decided to give up. I plugged the phone in to the power outlet, and when I came back in to my office to turn off the light, I noticed that the battery charging icon was where the LG icon used to be. Figuring that any change from the LG icon was a good sign, I hit the power button to turn it on, and this time the LG icon stayed on only for its alloted time and then I saw "android" flash on the screen. Sweet! So I have no idea what happened and now I'm absolutely terrified to ever turn off my phone again, but at this point my phone is operational again.

Interesting! Can you estimate how long between when you plugged it in and when you came back and saw the charging icon? Are we talking minutes or hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramukumar64gfd