ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschuck

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick and Easy 1.6.2 V9 to 1.7 VC?

I would like to lessen some fears as well - ...I started with 1.6.2 Thunderom.. (The patched version that got rid of the LG /Sprint Update)...I downloaded the LG Mobile support tool ( Mobile Phone Support) ...Updated to the VC version..

My phone restarted..and got a bunch of errors with my apps forceclosing..But I wasn't done..Reboot into recovery..WIPE DATA / CACHE / DALVIK . . flash the 1.7.2 ZIP. Works FLAWLESS. .. fast.

Please note that I originally attempted to update directly from V9 to 1.7 .. .NOPE. ..no 3g.. had errors, etc.

but I can confirm as others have that Updating to VC with the LG tool ..and then flashing 1.7 in recovery works perfectly...

conclusion, when you run the LG update tool and your phone gets a bunch of errors upon reboot.. don't stop there.. go through with the upgrade through recovery...This is all, of course, assuming that you have a Nandroid backup of your most recent stable rom. Good luck!

Is this now the preferred way to go from 1.6.2 V9 to 1.7 VC? I'm at 1.6.2 with "stop bugging me" installed. I've been waiting for 1.7 install to settle out and this looks like the easiest path to me so far. Have the FA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM recovery loaded.

As I understand it, the steps above do not involve unrooting and going back to stock at all. Instead, the VC update is applied to 1.6.2 directly. Reboot then causes a bunch of errors. A reboot to recovery, wiping data, cache, and DALVIK, and then a flash to 1.7 makes everything peachy keen.

Is it as simple as that to go from 1.6.2 V9 to 1.7 VC? Did I miss something?

-- Gary

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. updated to VC, but as I should have known.. No more recovery boot. So i assume I need to Root my cell again, install a recovery tool, and THEN flash the new ROM. Does this sound correct? Thanks in advance

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Autorotate isn't going to work for you unfortunately. I knew i forgot to mention something .....

Ok so if someone were to flash the ThundeROMV1.7-V9 you lose auto-rotate, and the ability to update PRL, PRI, and profiles.

You can see why I said that single APK is very very important :) There might even be some other stuff broken just not found yet. If you update the baseband to VC and flash V1.7 over VC all that stuff works fine. Thats why we aren't going to officially release a version for V9 because stuff doesn't work and we'd have to support fragmented ROMs.
What happens if instead of removing that APK, you replace it with the V9 version of that APK?

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
The V9 version of the APK is based off ofa different kernel. The kernel is the link between the software and the hardware, so some functions that might have been coded a certain way for V9 are not coded the same in VC, which will cause a V9 APK for one of the core functions of the phone to not work properly

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry...basically what I meant was that when I flashed a custom kernel over 1.7 the auto-rotate disengaged. Auto-rotate works completely fine when 1.7 is flashed leaving the stock kernel alone. I just prefer OC'ing to 787...I have no stability issues just the auto rotate problem which I will deal with by forced landscape on the browser until a genuine kernel is made.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a breakdown of who is calling who, but my impression is this particular APK is interfacing with the ril library to do its stuff, so I imagine you'd replace the apk and the associated ril library in the kernel.

I'm sure it is possible that this could lead to a can of worms set of dependencies for stuff that needs to be replaced. I'm just curious where specifically it is breaking.

SuperECS

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
So I will ask for a 3rd time. KSmith OR Beezy, can you post some screens of the new icons? I would LOVE to see what I am missing out on.

HCGeek

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I just updated from 1.62 with stop bugging me flashed to 1.7
nand backup 1st
then wiped cache, and DALVIK rebooted 2x
flashed the buildprop-thunderom-deluxe.zip rebooted 2x
hope this helps...
Always Backup 1st

steindog99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry...basically what I meant was that when I flashed a custom kernel over 1.7 the auto-rotate disengaged. Auto-rotate works completely fine when 1.7 is flashed leaving the stock kernel alone. I just prefer OC'ing to 787...I have no stability issues just the auto rotate problem which I will deal with by forced landscape on the browser until a genuine kernel is made.

I have 1.7 and my auto rotate works fine with xionia ocd to 806 with setcpu and launcher pro plus

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 1.7 and my auto rotate works fine with xionia ocd to 806 with setcpu and launcher pro plus

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I have xionia 005 I think, it didn't work...what do you have? I'm playing with getitnow and same deal. No biggie...My phon can't handle 806 for longer then a min or two.

jrsndr

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have xionia 005 I think, it didn't work...what do you have? I'm playing with getitnow and same deal. No biggie...My phon can't handle 806 for longer then a min or two.

I used Xionia 007 all day yesterday at 806 and I had no issues. With the auto rotate issue, it sounds like you haven't upgraded your baseband to VC, only the software. You need to completely update to VC and you shouldn't have that issue.

This link will help you upgrade: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...guide-using-lg-software-updater-ls670zvc.html

Last edited:

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Already did the LG updater...

Just downloaded Version 007 and auto-rotate works perfectly.

005 and below are obsolete for VC baseband after further reading.

LS670MVC_60401001 Baseband Ver LS670ZVC SW Ver
007 Xionia kernel OC'ed.

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread to see if the following method works without issues. Those of you who flashed to 1.7 this way, have you seen any issues since?

I'm currently on V9 TR 1.6.2 with the OTA stop bugging patch. Based on what I've read, I should be able to perform the following:

1. Stay on TR 1.6.2 (with OTA bugging patch) and NOT go back to stock nandroid (w/ custom recovery).
2. Make nandroid backup.
3. Download LG Mobile support tool and perform VC update through the tool.
4. Reboot phone and let it boot all the way up to menu (will see errors and apps forceclosing)
5. Reboot into recovery and flash TR 1.7 after wiping data/cache/ davlik.
6. Flash buildprop.
7. Done

I want to try avoiding going back to stock nandroid and then upgrade to VC that way, since I've seen posts of users running into problems.

I don't have any issues with V9 1.6.2 right now. Actually it's working great and major props to KSmith and Beezy for these custom roms. I just want to know when I eventually upgrade to TR 1.7, if I can just do the steps I listed and be on my merry way :)

Thanks in advance.

imec00

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for the rom. I updated phone this morning and everything is working properly. I follow suggestions in this forum. Started with 1.6.2 (without no bugging patch). Did nandroid backup just in case. Used LG app tool to do VC update. After phone restarted saw no errors but phone asked me to choose sprint ID, turned it off immediately and flashed 1.7 rom (wiping data/cache/davlik). Flashed deluxe to get my npr app working. done. No need to go back to stock, unroot, reroot, etc. Everything working fine. Thanks to everyone in the forum for the great suggestions.

rbrigman84

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks/ringtone ?

First of all, thanks for all the hard work. 1.7 is awesome. I'll have a donation coming your way as soon as I have some money the wife doesn't know about :). Quick question: Is there a way to set a custom ringtone for different contacts? I know some ROMs have this capability. If not, is it something you may be adding in the future?

Sorry for being picky/a noob.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on gingerbread now so can't be sure on this but open up the contact info press menu and click options should see something that says ringtone.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
For those who are coming from 1.6.2 with custom recovery and do not want to lose layout and apps:
1. make a nandroid backup
2. Reboot and once phone is b back on run lgupdater tool.
3. Once update is done and phone reboots, immediately reboot into recovery.
4. Restore your 1.6.2 backup
5. clear cache and dalvik cache
6. Flash 1.7
7. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware