Dell Streak 7 Charging port busted Woes. and FIX!

JohnnyPhantom

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Well the parts Streak came in, it actually has a intact port that works!! BUT! whats attached to that port (the main board) does not.

I'm gonna weigh my options, I may just give up on the Dell Streak 7 and get something else. Maybe sell the lot of parts I've accumulated on eBay and buy a cheap so-so Android Tablet from HK. If I keep buying parts/dead units to repair mine, I may end up spending more money than the Nexus would have cost me :p

dakotaandroid

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have ordered some of the cheap chinese tablets for friends - they work well, but don't feel as sturdy as a Streak. As for the Nexus, my brother bought 2 a couple months ago - 1 had hardware issues right out of the box and had to be sent back. More $$ does not always equal more functionality or reliability. ;) I hope you continue your exploratory surgeries on the streak. I've really enjoyed following your work! I'm also following the rom development for the Streak 7. It would be awesome to have ICS or JB on there. Good luck, either way!!

wwjoga

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
it did worked for me now trying to figure on using a very small dc adapter since or buying the dell 5 and solder the cables in the dell streak 5 adapter in e way that i dont have to remove and solder it againg ?

Paul Dawson

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to thank you for this. I have an issue. When i plug the usb cord in it cuts off the tablet, it says it's charging but continues to discharge. Any idea? maybe it's just wrecked?

dakotaandroid

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any idea about the fuses on the Streak's mainboard? Specifically, is there a fuse that could be blown that prevents the battery from charging? I know that can be the problem on a laptop, or a nintendo DS. I'm working on another Streak now, multimeter shows everything *should* work, but when I solder the power and ground wires on - nada. :p

weigel294

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to share my results... thanks OP!!! You helped save my tablet!

Attachments

• IMG_20130213_153833.jpg
    IMG_20130213_153833.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20130213_153952.jpg
    IMG_20130213_153952.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-02-01 07.03.26.jpg
    2013-02-01 07.03.26.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 21

qrc

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I used a sewing needle to replace the broken 5V USB power supply pin. A sewing needle is strong thus should last a while, and pointing which helps to engage with the plug pin. Also the needle can be soldered easily.

Attachments

• ScreenShot022.jpg
    ScreenShot022.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 215

norcal95928

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the pics of the power and data points to solder to. I am in the same boat. Ordered a dell streak 5 pin replacement and it doesn't fit right. This really helps. Thanks!

Anton Pugelj

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing very useful informations.
I need new battery for streak 7. You mentioned that you have it ordered.
Can You suggest where to buy it?
Did You succeed to buy new one or only used are available on e-buy?

LiParkFan

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same charging port problems. On a lark, I got a Dell Home Audio/Video dock for the Streak, and it worked! Charges fine, paid $20.00 for the dock.

Glorigail Lota

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
hi im from Philippines.. and i have a problem with my dell streak 7. the charging port was broke where can i buy a replacement for it here in Phlippines... please help...

thanks;
glorigail

gordonfink

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry top resurrect a very old thread, but has anyone else done this? Where are the connect points on the back side of the board (the photo of the back side doesn't show in the thread).

Thanks.

Tricia Harbour

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey im so excited about your post. Any blackberry or a particular model? Do I need the powermat battery as well? I found some on ebay for $15 but I wanted to make sure I am understanding it all correctly. Not a techie just a mom trying to help her kud out. Thanks
805-602-0535

Paul Gassler

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
On the back above the cutout for the connection port there are 2 more circle mount points. the left being for the Data - (green wire) and the right being for the Data + (White Wire)
Thanks for all your help so far. I'm about to get out the soldering iron! One question: The standard for USB cables is the green wire = Data+ and the white wire = Data-. This is opposite of what you stated. Could you please review your repair and let me know which terminal on the board is Data+ and Data-? thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear