Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
another sad day went into a Best Buy to play with a Xoom. dam thing was frozen no one new how to get it to work. so I soft booted it waited then started messing and there it was ATK in its glory on a freaking xoom. the store rep was po I deleted it. he swears that atk is a life saver and installs it on all Android stuff he sells. I had to walk away and laugh at that poor sole.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tjp419

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
verizon, bought in store, yes installed task killer and said that i "needed" to have one installed...
is this bad? should i not use one?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S Mesmerize (US Cellular) Not sure...I believe that my phone came with a stock Task Manager, which I do use from time-to-time. Is there some sort of conspiracy regarding this issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S Mesmerize (US Cellular) Not sure...I believe that my phone came with a stock Task Manager, which I do use from time-to-time. Is there some sort of conspiracy regarding this issue?

samsung task manager is not the issue, its the 3rd party app killers that cause problems and this is what they are referring to in this thread

beng9810

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sprint HTC Evo 4G and maybe they would have if I would have given them the chance but as soon as the phone was programmed I snatched it from the rep and said "great let's wrap this up I can handle the rest". He started to give me some speech about "Ready Now" but I told him I walked in the door ready and that I wanted to finish my purchase now.

P4trick H.

You sound like a huge prick. You do realize that when you go into the store the reps are there to help you. You could just order your phone online if you didn't want to talk to anyone. If you go into a store and want someone to sell you something, guess what you.. You kinda have to listen to what they say. Or at least be nice to them and say, "hey, I really know everything that you are going to tell me, so there really isn't any need". Not just snatch the phone and be all rude to the guy. I have worked in retail for a long time and it makes for a really long day when you have customers come in like you and treat you like crap just because they feel they have the right to.

BoJangles

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Evo at radio shack

No they didn't since I work there. At my store we let them know that there are some arguments over using a task killer and its up to them.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased you

Bought my infuse today from a corporate AT&T store. They didn't even mention a task killer the entire visit.

pruitt801

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Verizon.

Yes, the rep actually installed a task manager. I didn't know any better so I didn't object.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
1) Verizon
2) nope

1) sprint
2) nope (but in fairness I bought my phone through a friend That works at sprint so he knew I didn't really need that explained)

From Nexus with love

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

T mobile store, no mention of a task killer/manager.

I do however have one.

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

DInc2 purchased at a Verizon corporate store. No, they did not install ATK nor was I advised to install.

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I had to get my 3d swapped are sprint and the guy advised me to install ATK and something called zdbox. I told him I would look into it but didn't think I needed them.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

There are plenty of threads discussing the pros & cons of Task Killers. This is not one of them. I have 2 simple questions I'd like you to answer.

1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?

2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?

Please post the answer to both questions here, and check the applicable checkboxes in the poll.
1. Sprint (corporate)
2. No, as the Epic 4G comes with a task manager baked in from Samsung. He didn't make any recommendations to use it or even tell me about a task killer.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I bought my Droid incredible from best buy. They made no mention, though I think they had a sense (ha, accidental pun) I knew what I was up, down, and sideways. They basically just activated it and handed it to me (took over an hour on launch day....)

Eric Gunther

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Many of my friends have recently shifted to android but to my knowledge none of them had been asked that question. So i guess there may be a difference of the carrier instead.

Meiji

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

This is interesting.. I'll do a recap for all the phones I've had:

Xperia X10
1) AT&T? (Not really, none of those companies are directly here, just affiliations, and the carrier where I bought it is affiliated to AT&T, so..)
2) Nope, not a word.

Galaxy S
1) Same..
2) Nothing.

Galaxy S II
1) Same..
2) Noup =P

Optimus One
1) Same..
2) Yes! He did install Advanced Task Manager (I let him because he was installing the paid version for free), and when he was showing me how to use it I was like: "Stop doing that you b!tch!!!!"

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

1)Virgin Mobile (Best buy) :p

2)They didn't ask to set my phone up or talk about task managers or anything. Maybe because they assumed I knew what I wanted was technologically savy enough to do so...or they just wanted the sale. Either way they basically just handed me the item and sent me on my way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000