DInc just died... HELP!

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some help here...

I have a rooted DInc. Been rooted and running redemption rom for about a year now. No major issues. Last night, my phone just started slowing down. Not a huge deal, it happens once every month or two, but a reboot fixes it. So last night, I rebooted my phone, and now it's in an endless bootloop. The white screen that says "htc incredible" shows up, then the droid eye thing, then it just repeats the droid eye thing over and over again, but never loads.

Before I completely reload the rom, does anyone have any suggestions to try and get myself back up and running again?

Thanks!

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You were probably getting the ginger ota. Read into next threads on what may have happened and what to do. This is a guess at what may have happened.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You were probably getting the ginger ota. Read into next threads on what may have happened and what to do. This is a guess at what may have happened.

if he is running CWM it will block the OTA from even downloading, same thing if you are rooted, hence the reason that they said you have to go back to COMPLETELY stock (as in, as it was when you unwrapped it from the box) to even download it.

hmmm. about your problem, try getting into recovery and loading a nandroid backup

Last edited:

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
i dont think it was the ota. eh, it sucks, but i've given up on being able to fix it. im just going to reflash another rom. maybe skyraider. problem is, i'm still on cwm 2, and i need cwm 3. i found a guide to flash cwm 3 through fastboot, but it keeps saying "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" when i do it. im not sure why. i have unrevoked forever s-off. now im just stuck scratching my head. anybody got any ideas?

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
problem is, i'm still on cwm 2, and i need cwm 3.

Yeah, that might help! :D

i found a guide to flash cwm 3 through fastboot, but it keeps saying "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" when i do it. im not sure why. i have unrevoked forever s-off. now im just stuck scratching my head. anybody got any ideas?

try to go back to everything stock, my 3.0.0.8 flashed via the unrevoked method, so i have no idea how you got stuck with version 2

dajmacd

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Go to dougpiston.com and navigate to the Inc. Recoveries page. Grab the zip for your phone (3.0.0.7 for amoled, 3.0.0.8 for slcd). Follow the directions to install the new recovery from boot.

daj

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
im up and running. skyraider said it was only compatible wit cwm3+, i tried it anyway and it worked. then i opened rom manager and it updated it for me. weird. thanks for all the help guys! now i just have to work on putting all my apps/widgets/settings back. :*(