Discussion of the Fascinate root How-To

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
im having this same problem also...but without thinking i went ahead and continued rooting and entered the stuff below and it said superuser successfully installed so im not sure if im rooted. Once i restarted the phone i checked my apps and i have Superuser but when i installed titanium backup it says "sorry could not acquire root privilleges...". I then tried to root again using the ADB method and it says FAILED Superuser already installed. I made sure that my SD card is mounted and I have no idea what to do now can someone please help?

screenshot.jpg

Let me ask you , do you have the stay awake checked under debugging ?

when you are excuteing this is the screen off or your unlock screen on?

Reactions: phommk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank evrybody very much for all your work and dedication on putting together information and guides like this!i am new to AC and some of the questions,comments and post have helped me to understand the andvantages of rooting and how to root!this info made it real simple for me to finally root my fascinate.Thanks again for helping this noob out!

You are very welcome Aotek, and welcoe to Android central :)

phommk

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Let me ask you , do you have the stay awake checked under debugging ?

when you are excuteing this is the screen off or your unlock screen on?

i have stay awake checked and im executing this with my screen unlocked (On my home screen). am i suppose to be on the unlock screen? sorry im a newb.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i believe its mounted. on my notification bar it says "turn off usb storage" and im able to access my sd card through the computer

yeah thats the problem, unmount the card, it can not push the data from the computer to the sd card, if the sd card is on the computer and not the phone,,,,so turn it off and try again

phommk

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah thats the problem, unmount the card, it can not push the data from the computer to the sd card, if the sd card is on the computer and not the phone,,,,so turn it off and try again

alright ill try it again thanks! ill reply back to this thread if i need anymore help

phommk

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
adb push rage.bin /data/local/tmp/rage.bin

adb shell

cd /data/local/tmp

chmod 0755 rage.bin

This step is important. After you type the next command there will be a pause and you will have to wait until you are kicked out of adb shell. It is important you do not touch your phone or type anything in the command window. If you do don't worry, nothing bad will happen you will most likely have to pull your battery and try to run the command again. If your phone doesn't lock up you can probably unplug it and plug it back in and start back at "adb shell"
am i actually suppose to see it kick me out and about how long does it take?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
am i actually suppose to see it kick me out and about how long does it take?

i have had people report it taking upto an hour but it is really random some people it works in 3 or 4 mins, others half hour...like i said its really random

it doesnt kick you out of the command prompt it will just kick you into

C:\Fascinate_02v: or whatever the directory is lol

phommk

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Alright got it! Titanium backup now works. Looks like im rooted! Thanks a lot DroidXcon! So now my next step is to find a ROM correct? can i ask you whats the difference between the ADB method and the CWM method?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright got it! Titanium backup now works. Looks like im rooted! Thanks a lot DroidXcon! So now my next step is to find a ROM correct? can i ask you whats the difference between the ADB method and the CWM method?

ADB method is basically the method you just used just manually

CWM method gives you clockwork recovery along with root method,,,if you want to flash a rom you will need CWM

follow the directions here: just leave out the su+busybox thing since you are already rooted
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ckworkmod-recovery-return-stock-use-odin.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rekys