Dislikes of Xperia Z

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I have had this Phone for several weeks now, long enough that I'm able to come up with my druthers and dislikes about it.

I really wish it had a physical home button/capacitive buttons instead of on screen

Viewing angles are still not so hot

Software glitch took away my notification light until I completely reinstalled software - think it was because of stamina mode so didn't turn it on after reload

Phone calls have been garbled mess occasionally - may be att but never had that problem anytime before

It took the software reinstall before I could send mms - before that I was thoroughly annoyed

Camera app loads slow and camera is not all that great

Been unable to get flash going on this - would always crash when I tried

Walkman app disappoints because it does not handle podcasts very well

Fingerprint/pocketfuzz magnet!

With that list it probably seems I don't like the phone, but I do. If I could get a note 2 I most likely would, but I probably wouldn't trade this for a GS4 or HTC One straight across.

Sent from my C6603 using Android Central Forums

gregory_opera

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You realize that the lack of support for Adobe Flash Player is completely beyond the control of Sony, right?

Adobe have discontinued Flash Player for smartphones and tablets - any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich") or newer will thus no longer be able to utilize Flash Player, even if they wanted to...

Yes I agree it is frustrating, but Adobe is to blame, not Sony and the issue is present on all other Android 4.0+ Android smartphones/tablets.

Sent wirelessly from my Sony Xperia Z, using the "Android Central Forums" app...

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I understand that. However my point is I had no problem getting flash on my Note 2 (android 4.0+)...

gregory_opera

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I was wrong by the way - Flash Player was discontinued as of Android 4.1 ("Jelly Bean"), not Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich").

As for your Galaxy Note 2,I know nothing about them other than the the fact that the wife was considering one over the Xperia Z, so I can't really comment on how well Flash Player worked or did not work...

But are you sure your Galaxy Note 2 wasn't running Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich")?

Sent wirelessly from my Sony Xperia Z, using the "Android Central Forums" app...

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Positive. flash wasn't available in the store but all you had to was download it from (xda forums I believe) and it ran with the stock internet browser no problem.

kynkos

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My only -but great- dislike is the battery, which lasts too short, even less than my old iPhone 4.
The rest is simply great, much better than any other phone I know

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the Original Note here on 4.1 and still using Flash, but I believe this is something to do with legacy use. I've had it installed on my phone since it was new on 2.3. Flash is just no longer available to install anew from the Play store that's all, and is no longer supported afaik.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Flash is no longer supported, which means no security update, but if you have the balls, the still allow you to download and install it if you have a version of the phone that has the infamous "install from unknown sources" in the security segment of the settings console.
Adobe's tutorial
Archive of downloads (Choose a version tagged FOR ANDROID).html

I'm using with no problems so far.

My browser is Dolphin, and like I said, without any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris