Do you feel let down by Motorola with the Bionic?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you feel about Motorola and the support they have given to the Bionic?

Speaking for myself, I feel they let us down. First and foremost they released a phone that had a number of significant problems. Instead of focusing on a fix for the problem they chose to instead release another about two months after the release of the Bionic.

Even after the update I still have ongoing problems.

At east they had the time to work on and release the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx.

rpk717

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
At work three friends got an original Droid as I did, I was the first to upgrade to the Bionic. Now i'm the only one that can't stream music during work, yes I feel like Motorola has let me down. My data is unavailable 90% of the day, everyday.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
At work three friends got an original Droid as I did, I was the first to upgrade to the Bionic. Now i'm the only one that can't stream music during work, yes I feel like Motorola has let me down. My data is unavailable 90% of the day, everyday.

Coming from a company that has specialized in radios, I think it is pathetic what they have done with the Bionic.

eugkim

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Before giving up, have you read this thread and tried Open Signal Maps?

Data Drop

Maybe it's random luck, but I was ready to throw my Bionic into the wall. I got a replacement which was no better, got a SIM card replacement which didn't do anything, then got a second replacement which was DOA. I reactivated the older phone, saw the above thread, and tried Open Signal Maps. I haven't had any problems since. Verizon said they'd send another replacement for the DOA one, but I told them I'm returning the bricked one and keeping my old one. Now I love having the Bionic. I was ready to switch to the iphone, but now I'm staying with Android.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
No I don't feel let down. My Motorola has not given any issues. I don't experience the extreme data drops that everyone else complains about. My data may drop briefly once a week. Takes me about a minute to get it back. That is not worth complaining about and it is on par with the data drops people have complained about with all Verizon 4G phones. I watch netflix and stream music all day without issues. The phone is great and at a good price point especially used on ebay.

I think it is strange to release the Razr a few months after the Bionic, why compete with yourself. But I would rather have the Bionic, because I can change batteries. Go look in the Razr forum. It is the same as this. My data dropped, we are all doomed, I am going to throw my phone at the wall the data dropped, my battery life sucks, the camera is slow, I hate pentile, my phone freezes, my razr went snap, crackle and pop, and on and on. The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my phone. Always have. I love Moto for giving me such a fine quality product.

Loved it before the update. Love it after the update.

I'm kind of tired of seeing all these whiny hater threads. If you hate your phone. Go back to your OG. Sell the bionic. OR you can even call VZW customer service and tell them its problematic and they'll send you another one since its covered under a 1 year manufacturers warranty. If you keep having problems with replacements, after the 3rd phone you are eligible to replace with a similar device

To anyone who feels like making a new thread about how much you hate the Bionic, there are already 23574322 whiny threads... c'mon people....

Reactions: LordAndroid

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
That story sounds exactly like my mine - until 3 weeks ago when I installed the 901 update - night and day difference. Now I only have VERY brief data drops very rarely. Try it!

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Bionic since right after it came out. Rooted, no problems whatsoever. I think a lot of the "signal strength issues" lie more with the carrier and coverage in your area. We have 4g here, and I love the speed and it works awesome on my Bionic.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
That story sounds exactly like my mine - until 3 weeks ago when I installed the 901 update - night and day difference. Now I only have VERY brief data drops very rarely. Try it!

Same here...I never had too much trouble before .901, but afterwards it's very minimal. Of course because Verizon's LTE network is not 100% yet (3G wasn't when it first came out, and it was a huge battery sucker too. I had friends who got the original iPhone 3G and it was insanely battery hungry, about the same battery life we get on our Bionics right now) nothing is perfect. So all these whiny threads about your phones not working, most of you people probably either don't know how to use them right or got bad phones (there seems to be a lot of bad phones in this model >_>). Motorola hasn't ever let me down before, and they still haven't.

Reactions: LordAndroid

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
This phone has been solid for me. Not really many issues. I have had none since 901. I am dissapointed though that the bootloader is still locked and that there is not much development atm.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Pauldroid is on the nexus bandwagon, that's ok. My wife has a nexus I have a bionic, wouldn't trade her for it.

People try to convince themselves by trying to convince others they are right in their view of a device. It's a phone. As much as some like to create an issue and regurgitate the same topic night after night.... maybe a new hobby needs to fill your time instead of looking for things to gripe about.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Pauldroid is on the nexus bandwagon, that's ok. My wife has a nexus I have a bionic, wouldn't trade her for it.

People try to convince themselves by trying to convince others they are right in their view of a device. It's a phone. As much as some like to create an issue and regurgitate the same topic night after night.... maybe a new hobby needs to fill your time instead of looking for things to gripe about.

Indeed, you should probably lead by example. :D

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As quick as you answered this solidifies my post, as does the number of your posts. I will not argue with you, lots of John Waynes behind keyboards.

Find something else to fill your time, it will make you a happier person.

Bodhana

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I had my Bionic for about three weeks and so far I am loving it. So far it has been flawless. It has been a steep learning curve since I came from an old blackberry storm.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I think like stated that it all depends on which phone you have. I got mine the first day it came out and the data dropping has been TERRIBLE . I am really hoping that the 901 update helps, because most times I want to throw my phone threw a wall. I have to wait at least 2 minutes to get back data or do a restart. Totally unacceptable

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic for me has been a let down. The switching between 3G and 4G has not been effectively addressed by Motorola in my opinion. Add into the mix, the almost constant release of new RAZR's and I question if Motorola has any interest or desire to actually make the Bionic what it should have been at the time it was released.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
From what I gather on multiple forums, most people's bionic issues were fixed with the updates. I could be wrong, but that is what it seems like to me. Isn't the Nexus suffering from poor data signal like most samsung phones do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003