Does Google Maps on Android have "play voice during phone calls" option in Maps settings?

jasong879

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Am looking to switch from iOS. The Google Maps on my 5C does not have the option, but it was supposedly an update to Google Maps earlier this year which allows you to set it so voice navigation won't play over phone calls on Bluetooth:

Google Maps update: improved reviews, no voice call interruptions and more

I am looking for any way possible to keep voice navigation from talking over my Bluetooth while on phone calls. I fiddled with a Galaxy S7 in a Verizon store and toggling off "media audio" in Bluetooth settings did not accomplish it. Neither did turning off "play voice over Bluetooth" in Google Maps settings. With both turned off, voice navigation would still play over a phone call. I wasn't aware of the above update by Google Maps and didn't think to look for it.

Is it an Android-specific feature? That would seal the deal for jumping to the S7.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Does Google Maps on Android have "play voice during phone calls" option in Maps settings?

Here's what Google maps shows under settings on my S7 edge
8d506338fa159f8d2049d5cb0ff13665.jpg

jasong879

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Does Google Maps on Android have "play voice during phone calls" option in Maps settings?

Awesome, thanks! Guess I'll have to back and check it out again.