Does H on AT&T mean LTE on the Nexus 6P?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am on ATT and my area has LTE coverage but my nexus 6p shows H when i connect to data.

Am i still on LTE? The reason I ask is because i recently saw an article from DL and saw this image with LTE sign.
If its not connecting to LTE then please help me

nexus-6p-tmobile-band-12-lte.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I am on HSPA+. but how do i switch to LTE? I tried changing the APN to attNextgenphone (lost signal) and att wap(still on H)

Do you have it set to find LTE (see below - "Preferred Network Type")?

Attachments

• 1447705433953.jpg
    1447705433953.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 327

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Do you have it set to find LTE (see below - "Preferred Network Type")?

thanks for your help guys. I figured out the issue and LTE works now.

It seems like my IMEI number was not updated on ATT's system. It was still using my old phone IMEI which was an HSPA device

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

thanks for your help guys. I figured out the issue and LTE works now.

It seems like my IMEI number was not updated on ATT's system. It was still using my old phone IMEI which was an HSPA device

Glad you found the fix! :).

mattsican

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
re:

I'm on Verizon, and its set to "global". I'm not even sure what that means. It seems like it connects on LTE though, u get the LTE symbol.

Posted via the Android Central App

pptarr

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

I had this same problem with my Nexus 6P on AT&T. I was not getting LTE, only HSPA+. I figured my IMEI number was not added correctly to my account when I upgraded. So I called AT&T tech support, and first off let me give credit where credit is due, as I had my fair share of issues with AT&T. Talked to Jason, who was a super cool guy, not a robot, spent about 20 minutes troubleshooting my phone and my account settings. When the issue was resolved he even called me back to follow up. Could not be happier with the support I got.

Now onto the issue at hand. Turns out my IMEI number was correctly set on my account, and LTE was set as my Preferred network type under Cellular network settings. The issue was with my APN. The below change applies to both ATT Nextgenphone and ATT Phone APNs. Only this single line was changed from my original APN settings:

APN Type
default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

The original setting did not include admin, and was in a different order. I was told the order actually matters. After this I am now getting LTE on both APNs and not HSPA+. I am using ATT Nextgenphone as I understand that with Marshmallow 6.0.1 VoLTE works on this APN.

Last edited:

dropn1s

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

I had this same problem with my Nexus 6P on AT&T. I was not getting LTE, only HSPA+. I figured my IMEI number was not added correctly to my account when I upgraded. So I called AT&T tech support, and first off let me give credit where credit is due, as I had my fair share of issues with AT&T. Talked to James, who was a super cool guy, not a robot, spent about 20 minutes troubleshooting my phone and my account settings. When the issue was resolved he even called me back to follow up. Could not be happier with the support I got.

Now onto the issue at hand. Turns out my IMEI number was correctly set on my account, and LTE was set as my Preferred network type under Cellular network settings. The issue was with my APN. The below change applies to both ATT Nextgenphone and ATT Phone APNs. Only this single line was changed from my original APN settings:

APN Type
default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

The original setting did not include admin, and was in a different order. I was told the order actually matters. After this I am now getting LTE on both APNs and not HSPA+. I am using ATT Nextgenphone as I understand that with Marshmallow 6.0.1 VoLTE works on this APN.

Thanks! I was only getting the "H" until I changed the sequence; I am now getting LTE speeds.

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
6p T-mobile h what does it mean want get on 4g lite

I am on ATT and my area has LTE coverage but my nexus 6p shows H when i connect to data.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

Thanks! I was only getting the "H" until I changed the sequence; I am now getting LTE speeds.

I tried this and I'm still getting H only. I called AT&T and they talked me through there APN settings for non AT&T devices. I'm still only getting H. Any ideas?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

I tried this and I'm still getting H only. I called AT&T and they talked me through there APN settings for non AT&T devices. I'm still only getting H. Any ideas?

You can ignore my last post. I ended up rebooting the phone and now I'm getting LTE speeds. I just wish that AT&T lady would have said after you put in the settings reboot the phone lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae