Does wireless charging work well with the Defender case?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a wireless charging pad and was curious if wireless charging works well with the Defender case on the phone.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a wireless charging pad and was curious if wireless charging works well with the Defender case on the phone.

I was searching the same question last night when I bought my first Commuter case - from what I saw on YouTube both the Commuter and Defender work well with QI chargers. I'm due to get mine tomorrow in the post so I'll be sure to let you know how wireless charging goes :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Works great. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender case.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Works great. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender case.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
Link? Also the Samsung one listed on the best buy website looks different than the round one advertised. Does it still work with s6?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I went and bought it and just plugged it in about 10 minutes again. It's working fine so far and easy to use! I mainly wanted it for night so I'm not concerned so much for charging speed but like the auto shutoff when it hits 100 percent so it doesn't ruin the battery.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I also use a wireless charger and defender and it works perfect. It might be slower than other cases but I use it for at night so no issues here.

Mwar78

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless charger and otterbox Defender... Works great. Love it!

I am having no luck. When I take the case off it charges just fine. When I put on the plastic layer it charges just fine. Soon as I put on the rubber layer it will not charge. Any suggestions? I am using the Samsung round Qi charger.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the round Samsung charger with my defender and it works just fine.

I have four different Qi chargers (new round Samsung Captain America edition, rectangular Samsung from S4, rectangular unknown brand, and an Anker round one) and all work with my S6 in an NFL (Packers) Otterbox Defender case.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Love using the wireless charger with this case. Don't have to worry about opening and wearing out the rubber flap

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796