Don't worry, here's a phony tracking number to console you

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This really makes me mad. They send out tracking numbers when they're not even shipping the devices. I got my number on Friday and saw no info on the tracking number and "Label Created On: 07/09/2012" so I called UPS. They said that it's still sitting in a warehouse and hasn't been shipped yet, and that Google just sent me the number they'd already had for days . There are even a lot of people whose tracking numbers don't even register since Google has just generated a bunch of tracking numbers/shipping labels. This is obviously a cheap trick to draw attention off their failure to ship on time. That's why people were getting their tracking numbers in the middle of the night when UPS wasn't even operating. I expect more from Google.

1342320243246.jpg

Reactions: juststart

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
They sent the shipping info to UPS, but since it's the weekend, they haven't picked them up yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm strange, they could also be overloaded. I hope they have things sorted next time they release a new device. This is their first real big release.

Jp5Cj2FGK2

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm strange, they could also be overloaded. I hope they have things sorted next time they release a new device. This is their first real big release.

Not it's not. They also had a big release of the Google Nexus One smartphone. Since I didn't get one, I don't really know how the buying experience was for that. From what people told me though, the experience wasn't particularly great.

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm idk then. All I know is my UPS tracking number says wait up to 24 hours for shipping info to update. It hasn't been 24 hours yet. I already prepared myself to wait until Monday to see if there is any change.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm idk then. All I know is my UPS tracking number says wait up to 24 hours for shipping info to update. It hasn't been 24 hours yet. I already prepared myself to wait until Monday to see if there is any change.

I've had my tracking number for over 24 hours now. No change.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You probably have to wait for 24hrs (but a business day) I bet it'll be updated Monday morning

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Yeah. Updated saying it was shipped Monday morning. A very small handful of people's tracking numbers showed a delivery date of Monday the same day they got them. That means ours were not shipped or they would say that as well. Which is why it was a nasty trick to get pressure off of them sending our shipping notifications out FRIDAY, seeing as UPS ships on Friday and Saturday, and we all payed for 2 day shipping.

gsweinberg

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just went on a little rant over G+ about this.. It's total incompetency on Google's part. They give us this BS tracking number in the middle of the night on Friday, meantime people are picking them up at GameStop and SAMs club, and NOT getting charged for shipping while in the meantime the preorders are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. The frustrating part is that there has not been one word from Google about a hard launch date. Not one. I went into a GameStop last night and they told me they couldn't sell me one because it hasn't officially launched yet. So is it launched or isnt it? At this point I have half a mind just to reject the delivery and buy it from a local retailer. Paying an extra $14 for their incompetency really chaps my ass..

Rockefela

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had my tracking number for over 24 hours now. No change.

Same here..... its technically 24 "business" hours, and since UPS won't be updating over the weekend you won't see anything until, at best Monday morning.

What more than likely happened. Companies can create/submit tracking numbers & shipping labels from UPS on their own. So on July 9th Google created all the tracking numbers and labels preparing for everything to go out that evening for delivery on July 12th.

Something happened and Google stopped the packages from going out the door to the UPS trucks. They decided to not release the packages and e-mail out tracking numbers till late Friday after UPS would have made that afternoon's pickup.

So as a total waste all our Nexus 7's will sit in a warehouse till Monday morning or afternoon. With 2nd day shipping we more than likely will not get them till Wed.... meanwhile some people have been walking in and picking them up at Sam's Clubs and Gamestops...... :(

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here..... its technically 24 "business" hours, and since UPS won't be updating over the weekend you won't see anything until, at best Monday morning.

What more than likely happened. Companies can create/submit tracking numbers & shipping labels from UPS on their own. So on July 9th Google created all the tracking numbers and labels preparing for everything to go out that evening for delivery on July 12th.

Something happened and Google stopped the packages from going out the door to the UPS trucks. They decided to not release the packages and e-mail out tracking numbers till late Friday after UPS would have made that afternoon's pickup.

So as a total waste all our Nexus 7's will sit in a warehouse till Monday morning or afternoon. With 2nd day shipping we more than likely will not get them till Wed.... meanwhile some people have been walking in and picking them up at Sam's Clubs and Gamestops...... :(

More like they decided to ship them out in batches (cheaper corporate shipping method, see their website) as some people's were shipped Friday, but after all the backlash they sent everybody their tracking numbers, even the last batches to be shipped that had not been labeled yet (the people who got numbers in the middle of the night that don't even register at all).

Rockefela

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not many people if any at all are showing any progress to their tracking numbers... they're all basically waiting to be picked up by UPS.

Since the evidence shows that most of the orders have been ready and at the warehouse since the 9th there is no reason they would have not shipped everything sitting at the warehouse on Friday instead of one small batch. More than likely they didn't decide orders were ready to be released until late Friday after pickup.

I didn't receive my shipping confirmation till 9pm EST (6pm PST), most e-mail confirmations all seemed to have started around that same time and late into the night Friday.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Not many people if any at all are showing any progress to their tracking numbers... they're all basically waiting to be picked up by UPS.

Since the evidence shows that most of the orders have been ready and at the warehouse since the 9th there is no reason they would have not shipped everything sitting at the warehouse on Friday instead of one small batch. More than likely they didn't decide orders were ready to be released until late Friday after pickup.

I didn't receive my shipping confirmation till 9pm EST (6pm PST), most e-mail confirmations all seemed to have started around that same time and late into the night Friday.

If that were correct, I don't think some people would be seeing their tracking numbers as showing a Monday delivery. Plus it was clearly stated by Google to the media that they were shipping it out in batches, though they claimed it was based on who ordered first, which turned out not to be true.

Rockefela

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If that were correct, I don't think some people would be seeing their tracking numbers as showing a Monday delivery. Plus it was clearly stated by Google to the media that they were shipping it out in batches, though they claimed it was based on who ordered first, which turned out not to be true.

I said "Not many people if any....." Someone just posted that they are showing progress on their tracking number. So it does seem like a fairly small batch got out on Friday.... doesn't make much sense. You can tell UPS how many trucks you need to get a shipment out and they'll send as many as needed unless it is just so overwhelming i guess they only had 5-10 semi's available for pickup?? Just adds to the logistical screw up Google made out of this.....

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I said "Not many people if any....." Someone just posted that they are showing progress on their tracking number. So it does seem like a fairly small batch got out on Friday.... doesn't make much sense. You can tell UPS how many trucks you need to get a shipment out and they'll send as many as needed unless it is just so overwhelming i guess they only had 5-10 semi's available for pickup?? Just adds to the logistical screw up Google made out of this.....

And then there's the people who got tracking numbers late that night, that don't even register. That means Google didn't even generate the labels until that night. I'm telling you man, they had originally planned a multi-batch shipment method and clearly told that to the media. They only sent out the numbers because of the backlash. Other companies like Samsung, Apple and Amazon have sent out millions of devices on a single day. The fault here is not with UPS, but with Google.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How can my shipment show a scheduled delivery date of the 16th when there has been NO update on the tracking info? Just says ready for ups... Unless it ships later today, no way I receive mine tomorrow!

KJD209

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
We should all be clear about one thing. If Google sent you an e-mail that states that your Nexus 7 shipped on Friday, then two day shipping means your package will arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Any later than Tuesday, shipping must be refunded.

Reactions: HTB

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000