Don't worry, here's a phony tracking number to console you

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This thread and so many others are ridiculous, everyone needs to calm down.

Well consider that I per-ordered mine on 6/28 and still have no tracking number, email confirmation or credit card charge, while you pre-ordered 10 days after me and your order has been processed. I think that based on that these facts alone I have every right to be disappointed with the way Google is handling order fulfillment. They really need to get someone with some retail experience on board to handle their product launches if they want to be successful in hardware sales!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well consider that I per-ordered mine on 6/28 and still have no tracking number, email confirmation or credit card charge, while you pre-ordered 10 days after me and your order has been processed. I think that based on that these facts alone I have every right to be disappointed with the way Google is handling order fulfillment. They really need to get someone with some retail experience on board to handle their product launches if they want to be successful in hardware sales!

^ This.

ilkhan

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This whole argument is absurd.

You ordered before launch.
The page said ships in 2-3 weeks.
If my dates are correct their 3 weeks to ship is up on Tuesday (or Wednesday, depending on how you count).

You want to complain go ahead, but they've fulfilled their promises.

(And mine will be here this afternoon, so I don't especially care one way or the other.)

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This whole argument is absurd.

You ordered before launch.
The page said ships in 2-3 weeks.
If my dates are correct their 3 weeks to ship is up on Tuesday (or Wednesday, depending on how you count).

You want to complain go ahead, but they've fulfilled their promises.

(And mine will be here this afternoon, so I don't especially care one way or the other.)

We'll see if they fulfill their promises today. They stated in their phone message on Friday that they will fill all of the pre-orders within three business days. Today is the third business day. If it doesn't ship to me today they will miss their three week promise unless the overnight it. Then do I have the right to be upset? I don't understand how people can can think the argument is absurd that people who ordered in June should have gotten their units before those who ordered in July. It is absurd that Google, a company worth billions of dollars, cannot handle shipping devices in the order they were placed.

If this was an Apple launch, the tech media would be all over this story, but so far not one site (Gizmodo, Engadet, etc.) has picked up on it. Say what you want, but when I pre-ordered my iPad it was there the first day of release and the communication regarding my purchase from Apple was excellent. Since I have yet to see one shred of communication from Google (except for a terrible voice message on their phone support line that I had to seek out) I would say Google has failed. I can only hope my unit is defect free because I have a bad feeling that the return process, through The Google Play store, will be a nightmare.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What's interesting us that Google hasn't updated their play store message from last week. It still says all pre-orders will ship in the next three business days. That inspires confidence, since I ordered on the 27 th and have no tracking info.

Actually, I called the Play Store Support number this morning. They have removed the voice message stating pre-orders will ship withing the next 3 business days. There is now no message and you are transferred into a holding pattern to talk to a rep. The recorded voice tells you that Google may not be able to get to your call in a reasonable amount of time. Didn't waste the time waiting on hold.

I think we may have just taken a step backward...(but i hope not).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000