Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So put back on turbo charger....brought it up to 72% in about 20-25 mins. I had to leave so that was the most time to charge. Look at the drop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Do you have Wi-Fi set to always on under Wifi advanced settings? What about the Always Scanning for networks option? Those are both battery killers.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Wi-Fi set to always on under Wifi advanced settings? What about the Always Scanning for networks option? Those are both battery killers.

Changing those settings now

nconfer13

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm only pointing out that I've become accustomed to better. I would have questioned this upgrade if I knew that the battery life on this phone was not as good as the Maxx. It's still too early to know for sure, but my initial impression has me a little concerned.

Me too, but what other phone would be close to the Droid Turbo?

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I decided to do a test of my own. Started out at 100% off the TYLT VU wireless charger, at the 50% point and I am very happy with the resuts. Auto brighness, wifi on, gps on, bt off. Was consciously trying to flip it face down to avoid all the Moto display triggers. When I went to bed it at 10:30pm Turbo was at 72%, first look at the phone aprox 10:50am, at 65%. Mails, texts, kik message came through during that time. Very normal usage time, texts, FB, Kik, email, GN, browsing and Nfl updates, IG, Tumblr. I will say when I first got it I was power using it and still made it a full day. I'll update the stats closer to the 10% mark.Screenshot_2014-11-03-14-31-28.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-03-14-31-48.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-03-14-31-59.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-03-14-49-48.jpg

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Me too, but what other phone would be close to the Droid Turbo?

I haven't tested many other phones as extensively, but today I happened to be working with a colleague who has an S5. I asked if I could check his stats because I was just approaching the 50% mark, and I was curious. He obliged, and to my surprise he was at 58%. My screen time was at 2.16 hours and his was 2.09. I would say that's pretty good life for the S5. Again, I don't know how far that 58% will get him, but I'd say that's pretty good battery life. What we were doing with our screen time is a different story. I was mostly on email, and I think he was mostly texting. I also had 1 hour of phone calls, while he had only about 15 min., which is obviously a significant difference.

Separately, I'm at 28% now and it's only 5pm. My Maxx never once got this low until around 8pm. I expect to get more out of this 28% than I would from 28% left on the Maxx, but I do expect I'll need to charge before the night is up.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tested many other phones as extensively, but today I happened to be working with a colleague who has an S5. I asked if I could check his stats because I was just approaching the 50% mark, and I was curious. He obliged, and to my surprise he was at 58%. My screen time was at 2.16 hours and his was 2.09. I would say that's pretty good life for the S5. Again, I don't know how far that 58% will get him, but I'd say that's pretty good battery life. What we were doing with our screen time is a different story. I was mostly on email, and I think he was mostly texting. I also had 1 hour of phone calls, while he had only about 15 min., which is obviously a significant difference.

Separately, I'm at 28% now and it's only 5pm. My Maxx never once got this low until around 8pm. I expect to get more out of this 28% than I would from 28% left on the Maxx, but I do expect I'll need to charge before the night is up.

I just came from the s5. With auto brightness, WiFi on at all times, location on high accuracy, BT off I would get anywhere from 3.5-4.5 hours of screen time mixed between WiFi and 4g. Maybe 4.5 - 5hrs if I was WiFi all day and maybe 3.5-4hrs on 4g all day. Pretty good but I'm averaging around 6-6.5hrs hours screen on time on the turbo so far mixed between WiFi and 4g. Same settings also.

Brian Singleton

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Why do I seem to have so many more wakelocks than anyone else here while my screen is off? I don't have any social networking refreshing at all. What else could it be? Do I get that much email? I can't determine from the program list or Gsam what is waking up my phone other than "Android OS".
Screenshot_2014-11-03-16-40-10.jpg

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty heavy with maps on it today but much better than the old 4s lol. One thing I have noticed though is that sometimes it only says charging and others it says Turbo charger detected. Anyone else seeing that?

Screenshot_2014-11-03-16-52-06.jpg

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, this sucks....two plug ins, one brought up to 72% the second to 45% this is nuts. I'm thinking bad battery

Attachments

• 1923.jpg
    1923.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 93

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, this sucks....two plug ins, one brought up to 72% the second to 45% this is nuts. I'm thinking bad battery

Have you tried running safe mode for a few hours? Look it up on the Moto forums. Might save you an unnecessary return.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 42% 16 hours on battery. 2 hours of screen time, 2 hours of tethering, 1 hour running a dashcam app, 1 hour of voice calls, 1 hour of a Google voice calls.

If I didn't charge tonight I'd wake up at 23 hours off charger and about 35%. I'd assume I'd get about 8 hours of work day off that.

So 31+ hours is certainly good enough for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz