Droid X Shipping on August 23!

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It may or may not actually get picked up tonight. Seems almost everyone is getting the email and then their phone arrives two business days later even though it's "overnight". You should get a tracking number and that will give you the delivery date. Maybe you'll get it tomorrow!

Euro7star

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It may or may not actually get picked up tonight. Seems almost everyone is getting the email and then their phone arrives two business days later even though it's "overnight". You should get a tracking number and that will give you the delivery date. Maybe you'll get it tomorrow!

I hope so too, i dunno if i will but it says Aug 27th by 3pm according to FedEx and left facility at 4:30pm today. Im not keeping my hopes high though but im glad ill get it during the weekend.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
welcome to another day of waiting!!!! now it's obvious that delivery won't be coming until at least monday. i don't have faith any more that they will even honor their commitment to ship my phone by august 31. i heard that they won't even let you cancel if you want to, they make you reject the phone when it comes. how many would do that when they FINALLY have it? i notice they haven't contacted me after i gave them low ratings on one of their surveys

but i did get an email telling me about all the great deals they have!

Last edited:

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
welcome to another day of waiting!!!! now it's obvious that delivery won't be coming until at least monday. i don't have faith any more that they will even honor their commitment to ship my phone by august 31. i heard that they won't even let you cancel if you want to, they make you reject the phone when it comes. how many would do that when they FINALLY have it? i notice they haven't contacted me after i gave them low ratings on one of their surveys

but i did get an email telling me about all the great deals they have!

Yeah that was the one I got. My guess is they will get another shipment between now and Monday and that Monday we will get notices that ours is shipping out. Trust me they are not out to get you. They gave us dates for worst case scenarios for the general population, and where ever we fall with our local warehouses we are the worst case scenario.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
welcome to the world of waiting for shipment!!! if we get ours first we'll come back and support you in the journey. of course the way things are going, you might get yours before some of us. this random delivery thing sucks

Thanks for the support! :)
I did happen to find an online coupon code and got the phone for 179.99
The code is webch10 for anyone else looking to buy one soon

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My exchange order was placed 8/14. I still havent heard a thing. I called yesterday becuase my when i go to check my order status it says technical problems, check back.

the rep i spoke to claimed it will still be shipped on the 30th.......... we will see. My 30 days are coming up the 2nd week of september. they better have my exchange to me by then.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that was the one I got. My guess is they will get another shipment between now and Monday and that Monday we will get notices that ours is shipping out. Trust me they are not out to get you. They gave us dates for worst case scenarios for the general population, and where ever we fall with our local warehouses we are the worst case scenario.

i would love to believe you that they are not out to get me! they told me this morning that since things are updated daily, we could get up on the 31st and find an update delaying shipment. i find it really hard to believe that their arrivals and turn around are that short. i tend to think they have the phones in a warehouse at least a couple days before shipping. i know i'm being negative about the whole thing right now, but i'm tired.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i would love to believe you that they are not out to get me! they told me this morning that since things are updated daily, we could get up on the 31st and find an update delaying shipment. i find it really hard to believe that their arrivals and turn around are that short. i tend to think they have the phones in a warehouse at least a couple days before shipping. i know i'm being negative about the whole thing right now, but i'm tired.

I would be careful, you seem really overly anxious to get the X. You might find that you have put it on a pedestal that it might never be able to reach once you actually get it.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would be careful, you seem really overly anxious to get the X. You might find that you have put it on a pedestal that it might never be able to reach once you actually get it.

thanks for the concern. i'm not putting it on a pedestal. part of why i want to get the x is that i have the incredible. it's a good phone, although it still hasn't gotten the update it needs. i would really enjoy the 720p video capability that it would have and the x already has. also, the more i look at the x the more i like the bigger screen. i know the x may not be all i want it to be once it get it.

my bigger concern is i just don't get why verizon deals with this the way they do. when i finally got to talk to someone in the actual internet orders department a few days ago, i mentioned the lack of information that others have. i was told that they were trying to make sure every contact person had the same, but they haven't. one guy scared the heck out of me when he couldnt even find my order! it's gotten so i know as soon as a cs rep says a certain word, i know which line i will get.

bottom line i know is that it will get here when it does and it will be as good or bad as it is. i think i'm really going to enjoy it as more than just a phone, which is basically what the incredible is for me. i appreciate you and everyone else here for giving us all the chance to share our experiences and learn about the phone. thanks

jtd771

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My exchange order was placed 8/14. I still havent heard a thing. I called yesterday becuase my when i go to check my order status it says technical problems, check back.

the rep i spoke to claimed it will still be shipped on the 30th.......... we will see. My 30 days are coming up the 2nd week of september. they better have my exchange to me by then.

Got mine 2 days ago, completely locking up after 2 minutes after turning it on. Even locked up doing the initialization after a factory reset. They're sending me aonther new X. I asked for and was told they noted in my account that the 30 day worry free gaurantee starts again, with 30 new days, when I receive my replacement phone. Give them a call and have them add that to the account.

steveo#AC

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd weigh in.... hoping to pass the time!

I ordered my DX in store (Pasadena CA) on 8/15, and was told it would be shipping 8/28. I checked online yesterday to see the status (inputting the info from my receipt) and nothing came up, it said INVALID.

Soooo made a call to CS, they said my order would be shipped 9/2.

Sure, it's only 5 days.... but it is SOOOO agonizing!!!

Like many, I am becoming impatient, especially when I see people who ordered theirs on 8/17, 8/18 ..and on, have already received theirs!!!

West coast sucks!!!

Euro7star

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Well my DX is shipping, its here in PHX where i live, "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". Has been for 4hrs. they said 'by 3pm and i got 3 hours left until 3pm, do they stop delivering at 3pm?

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 8-17
Novi Mi
2 year extension with NE2 discount
Notified 8/27.

w00t Incred did you get your email yet? Can't wait hope its delivered Monday.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd weigh in.... hoping to pass the time!

I ordered my DX in store (Pasadena CA) on 8/15, and was told it would be shipping 8/28. I checked online yesterday to see the status (inputting the info from my receipt) and nothing came up, it said INVALID.

Soooo made a call to CS, they said my order would be shipped 9/2.

Sure, it's only 5 days.... but it is SOOOO agonizing!!!

Like many, I am becoming impatient, especially when I see people who ordered theirs on 8/17, 8/18 ..and on, have already received theirs!!!

West coast sucks!!!

The South is no better, my friend...
Hey at least you didn't find out that you didn't even have an order - 2.5 weeks after placing said imaginary order. LOL!

I just decided that I can either:
A) got get a different Droid and be done with it
B) wait a few months for the next latest and greatest or
C) I can just (im)patiently wait for the DX.
I decided to wait on the DX. Smart? Still undecided. LOL!

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
just got the email!!!! i forgive you verizon. i hope that everyone else is waiting can be a little more confident that it should come earlier than the drop dead date. mine is 4 days early, even though i won't get it at least until monday.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The South is no better, my friend...
Hey at least you didn't find out that you didn't even have an order - 2.5 weeks after placing said imaginary order. LOL!

I just decided that I can either:
A) got get a different Droid and be done with it
B) wait a few months for the next latest and greatest or
C) I can just (im)patiently wait for the DX.
I decided to wait on the DX. Smart? Still undecided. LOL!

we will let you know when we get ours if the wait was really worth it. i think it will be.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
just got the email!!!! i forgive you verizon. i hope that everyone else is waiting can be a little more confident that it should come earlier than the drop dead date. mine is 4 days early, even though i won't get it at least until monday.

Cool Dude! Still crossing my fingers that I'll get mine next week. One can still dream, right?